2018-2019 Application Thread

Leo9

25 minutes ago, PBandMachiajelly said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from anywhere? My schools are all fairly late in the cycle so I'm 100% still sitting on my hands waiting for any kind of news.

I've heard back from half of my schools.

10 minutes ago, ICanRead said:

Nope. It's been a while, but UT is a massive institution, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's a lot of bureaucratic hullabaloo involved that's holding things up.

The DGS for Ohio State said funding decisions would come out the third week of Feb, and Ohio State released admissions about the same time as UT. I’m thinking it’ll probably be a similar timeline, but who knows 

2 minutes ago, gradqs said:

Is there typically funding to travel to Open Houses for schools you are accepted to? Probably a long shot but I want to visit a school I got accepted to that is literally on the other side of the country without breaking the bank.

In my experience, every school I've gotten into provides some type of travel arrangements or reimbursement for travelling, as well as having you stay nights at a hotel or with grad students, and it almost universally seems like it's enough to make it across the country spending $0-$100 out of pocket. I wouldn't be surprised if some less-well-funded schools are not able to offer support, however. 

15 hours ago, humanpinata said:

Still haven't heard anything from Chapel Hill or Vanderbilt, so probably safe to assume rejections at this point... Anyone have some secret personal insight into when to expect Georgetown? I'm pretty sure they don't do interviews, right?

I got a call from a Georgetown professor and then an email from them saying that I was in when I didn't manage to get to the phone in time. I haven't received any communication other than from the one professor. 

49 minutes ago, CactiCactus said:

I got a call from a Georgetown professor and then an email from them saying that I was in when I didn't manage to get to the phone in time. I haven't received any communication other than from the one professor. 

Was it from the DGS? Or your POI/someone you mentioned in your SOP?