Fall 2019 Psychology - Where are you going?!

dancedementia

On 3/27/2019 at 12:35 AM, topsailpsych said:

Today I officially accepted my offer from the University of Tennessee Knoxville Counseling Psych PhD program.  I'm so excited!  Is anyone else moving to Knoxville soon too?

I’m also going to UTK’s Counseling Psych Program! ?

Edited by FeministPsychologist

Today I officially accepted my offer from the University of Tennessee Knoxville Counseling Psych PhD program.  I'm so excited!  Is anyone else moving to Knoxville soon too?

13 hours ago, FeministPsychologist said:

I’m also going to UTK’s Counseling Psych Program! ?

See yall there:) I will be in the Experimental Psych PhD program at UT:) 

I'm not moving there, but I've been quite a few times. The mountains are stunning, and downtown Knoxville is quite fun. I would definitely set aside time to check them out.

On Wednesday (two days ago), I officially accepted my offer at Kent State University for their Clinical Psychology doctoral program. My concentration will be in child health psychology. I am very much looking forward to it!

7 minutes ago, Psyhopeful said:

I officially accepted my offer at the University of Michigan where I will get to study both media psychology and developmental psychology. Whew! Glad that's over.

Very cool. Curious who you'll be working with, if you care to share.

On 3/29/2019 at 3:15 PM, MostlyClinicalPsychology said:

On Wednesday (two days ago), I officially accepted my offer at Kent State University for their Clinical Psychology doctoral program. My concentration will be in child health psychology. I am very much looking forward to it!

I will also be at Kent State, but in the adult psychopathology concentration. See you there!

I'll be attending the University of Virginia for their developmental psychology PhD :)

Self-imposed a torturous decision process after getting off a waitlist last minute, but think UVa will offer me the best personal support, opportunities to explore teaching, and ability to influence the lab's research directions.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:29 PM, Lauren210 said:

I'm from New York and went upstate for my undergrad and I applied to four graduate programs back home in NYC for my masters in school counseling. 

Teachers College, Columbia University (EdM)

New York University Steinhardt (MA)

Fordham University Graduate School of Education (MSE)

Hunter College School of Education (MSEd)

I recently got accepted to Fordham's school counseling program for this upcoming fall, which is going to be right after I graduate from my undergrad this Spring, which is exciting! :D I'm still waiting to hear back from the other three schools and then I'll come to a decision once I get all of them. :) 

I’m going to Fordham in September as well ??