2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

10 hours ago, xtrahotlatte said:

Also, is anyone going to apply to work with the new prof from Ryerson?

I'm considering it.  My POI at Ryerson is TG and I've only had one interview with him so I'm not sure if he is interested in me or not. Who is your POI and how many interviews did you have?

11 hours ago, Psithurisms said:

Does anyone have any news or inside information about the UTSC program? I know the admission committee met last week and my understanding is first round offers should be going out soon. Any insight would be very much appreciated!

My POI actually ended up calling me Monday to offer a position in the program and he told me the formal offers will go out later this week! 

Hello! I hope all of you are hearing good answers!

This is my first year applying and I have a question regarding application status. 

Is it common to use "withdrawn" as "rejected" ? 

Just had an e-mail from Queen's saying my application is withdrawn due to no supervisors available. I guess it means I'm rejected, right?

Well, at least I have one less thing to worry about :)

I wish all the best for all of you!!

19 minutes ago, Cachalot said:

Hello! I hope all of you are hearing good answers!

This is my first year applying and I have a question regarding application status. 

Is it common to use "withdrawn" as "rejected" ? 

Just had an e-mail from Queen's saying my application is withdrawn due to no supervisors available. I guess it means I'm rejected, right?

Well, at least I have one less thing to worry about :)

I wish all the best for all of you!!

For our purposes, it means the same thing ?

But it does mean that it wasn't necessarily that your application wasn't strong enough, just that there wasn't a good fit with the professors recruiting students this cycle. Were you in touch with a prof before applying?

14 hours ago, Yeye said:

Got an offer from McMaster today! Shocked because we had interviews just this past weekend, but also absolutely ecstatic!

Congrats!  I'm very happy for you! ?

I applied to Alberta, Western, McGill and Toronto for School psych

Anyone heard back from Western by any chance? My logins don't work anymore for some reason. 

2 hours ago, Leashy said:

Just got an email from UAlberta (Counselling Psych-Thesis) that I have been waitlisted. I am happy that its not a full rejection but obviously a little sad it's not an offer.

Sorry to hear that.  I suspect that must be disappointing.  I’ve heard it’s a very competitive program.  One of my friends got rejected from that program two years in a row, though you never know who will and will not accept, so I’m sending you positive vibes for good news later on.

My SCCP UAlberta MEd application is still under review, so I don’t think they’ve made final decisions for that program yet.

2 minutes ago, VanessaB said:

Sorry to hear that.  I suspect that must be disappointing.  I’ve heard it’s a very competitive program.  One of my friends got rejected from that program two years in a row, though you never know who will and will not accept, so I’m sending you positive vibes for good news later on.

My SCCP UAlberta MEd application is still under review, so I don’t think they’ve made final decisions for that program yet.

I also applied to SCCP Alberta and waiting to hear back!! Really hope we all hear back soon

7 minutes ago, VanessaB said:

Thank you for your kind words. I have heard it is very competitive and they don't take that many students. I am hoping I get some offers from other places though so I don't have to focus too much on worrying about being taken off this waitlist!

I received an very generic email from someone in graduate studies at Queen's about a webinar. I haven't heard anything from my POI since before I submitted my application and I know others have received interviews, so i'm like 90% sure im rejected. Is this just a general email that all CGS-M applicants for Queen's get,regardless of application status (I haven't been declined, but also nothing else has happened)? 

EDIT: also, should I follow up with my POI? This is my first time applying, so I'm not sure if it's acceptable or not. We did share a few emails back and forth in October but nothing crazy. 

Edited by Penguin321