neuroticneuro6

1 hour ago, SalamNeuro said:

2 Rejections (UCSF, WashU) so far, with 5 pending:

- Harvard PiN.

- UCSD neuroscience.

- UPENN NGG.

- Yale INP.

- Stanford neuroscience.

Anyone knows if the mentioned programs already selected all candidates for interviews?

I think Yale might be done, they started notifying people via phone about invites the  week of christmas. does anyone know about JHU 2nd batch?

1 hour ago, Neuromantic said:

Also: are UMinn and Emory done?

I think UMinn might be done, they only have one interview weekend and already sent out interview invites to applicants who passed their second round of review.

I haven’t heard anything from Emory yet. Based on the results page, I feel like they’re done sending out invites as well but you never know! :(

3 minutes ago, anxiousinneuro said:

Any idea what's happening with these schools? I still haven't heard about an interview or a rejection...

• UPenn (maybe still sending invites?)
  • Columbia
  • JHU
  • NYU
  • Boston University

UPenn NGG is still sending invites, not sure about the others! My app to UPenn still says that it's "successfully submitted" and under review still ? reject me already pls

Edited by neurokenzie

5 hours ago, Elephantonly said:

Harvard is done, I know UPenn is still sending out invites and Stanford will start sending them out next week

Seems my chances of acceptance is too low ... Hopefully to hear good news the upcoming days!! :)

BTW, I think I read you were accepted in UCSF or another program.. CONGRATULATIONS!! 

9 hours ago, Elephantonly said:

Harvard is done, I know UPenn is still sending out invites and Stanford will start sending them out next week

How do you know Harvard is done? Is this just based on patterns from previous years or did you actually ask the admissions people?

Hey guys Stanford started sending their invitations! I got a personal phone call and an informal e-mail. They said the formal email invitations will be given next week. Interview dates March 3rd-6th. They also said that the 14 PhD admissions committees for the Biosciences program do not operate in the same timeline so no new does not mean bad news.

40 minutes ago, 4sdch said:

Hey guys Stanford started sending their invitations! I got a personal phone call and an informal e-mail. They said the formal email invitations will be given next week. Interview dates March 3rd-6th. They also said that the 14 PhD admissions committees for the Biosciences program do not operate in the same timeline so no new does not mean bad news.

was this from adcom or a POI?

13 hours ago, NeuroKween said:

Someone at NYU told me that they think invites were already sent out.. so maybe people just didn’t really post it on the results page  

I contacted NYU. I was told that all the top candidates have already been invited. There is a possibility of additional invites but it is not guaranteed

23 hours ago, NeuroKween said:

Someone at NYU told me that they think invites were already sent out.. so maybe people just didn’t really post it on the results page  

It’s possible but a number of people are reporting that they have not heard anything and no one has posted that he/she got a rejection. From what what I saw, everyone that got an interview applied to the Sackler Institute track. I didn’t see anyone post that they got an interview from the Neural Science track. That makes me think they are not done. 

34 minutes ago, NeuroKween said:

Sinai said they’ll be sending out invites and decision letters next week

Exactly what I suspected, since it would be three weeks from interviews (first week of February, according to my PI). Godspeed to all of us.

Edited by Neuromantic