2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

Hi guys, I'm a intl. with a BS degree outside of US and currently a technician in a top 5 US school. Applied for 16 top programs, hoping that I can get into at least one : \
Fingercrossed we all get some news this week! Or it'll be a really painful and sleepless christmas.?

46 minutes ago, corticostriatal said:

Hi guys, I'm a intl. with a BS degree outside of US and currently a technician in a top 5 US school. Applied for 16 top programs, hoping that I can get into at least one : \
Fingercrossed we all get some news this week! Or it'll be a really painful and sleepless christmas.?

Intl student here with a MSc from UCL and a BA from the US. Been a research tech at NYU for 2.5 years now. Only applied to 8 schools.. very risky move ?  regretting it now haha. 

Hi all!

We know this time is full of uncertainty, which can be very stressful! I can share my personal experience, which is certainly not all-encompassing, on the timing of interview invite notifications. The cycle that I applied, I received all of my invites between 12/13-1/15. It's still early given this timeline and I'm sure many programs are running a bit behind this year due to the strange circumstances of the pandemic.

I know this won't solve any anxieties, but hopefully there's a bit of comfort in having some more (albeit very little)  information.

All the best,

SNAAP Team ??

34 minutes ago, NeuroKween said:

Intl student here with a MSc from UCL and a BA from the US. Been a research tech at NYU for 2.5 years now. Only applied to 8 schools.. very risky move ?  regretting it now haha. 

Don't you worry! I believe having a US degree and MS from UCL makes a big difference, not to mention 2.5 yrs tech experience at NYU:) NYU is actually on my list, would love to do research and experience life at the NYC (I'm currently at the bay area). 

Edited by corticostriatal

Hi! Does anyone know if the Berkeley neuroscience program is sending out interview invitations to domestic and international applicants separately or at the same time? Also, how do they transfer the applications to Neuroscience program to other related programs? Did anyone hear from the program about the transfer process/are they actually doing this? Thanks in advance!

20 hours ago, OldFire Mamba said:

Have anyone heard anything about Columbia?

I haven't heard anything yet.

It looks like last year all interview requests were sent to applicants via email on December 22nd (a Sunday). Seems like they waited and sent out all their rejections mid-January. Fingers crossed, this waiting game is driving me crazy!