Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

1 minute ago, shutupsigmundfreud said:

Also just adding that CUDCP says February 15 is the clinical PsyD interview date! I'm not sure if they are holding the PhD and Psyd interviews on the same day- the timeline doesn't specify. As far as I know, no one has heard back yet so let's remain hopeful- the Rutgers PhD is my top choice!

I'm also really hopeful about Rutgers PhD!! Which PI did you apply for? :) Rooting for us!!

On 1/8/2021 at 1:16 PM, Midnightly said:

Hi all! For anyone who also applied to the University of Central Florida (UCF), did you see the supposed post in the results section? It said that interviews will be starting to be sent out between today and the following week. Just thought I’d share what i saw!

Thanks for the info! I have just started assuming that most invites will be coming out this week or next.

58 minutes ago, chickenlover12 said:

For the poster in the results wondering about the UCCS poster's PI (it isn't me, but I am a student there), all interview invites have been sent out. Sorry :( 

Official invites for all of the PI’s at UCCS have been sent out already? 

On 1/10/2021 at 1:25 PM, sanna927 said:

I went through something similar a few weeks back. I had a preliminary interview with a PI and I felt we were a perfect match, plus it seemed to me that my interview and our conversations went really well. Then within a week I received the rejection email, which really surprised me. I actually followed up with the PI and, in a very professional and respectful email, asked if I could receive some feedback. She shared with me that the interview went great, but she was looking for these 2 specific skills/experiences that I simply did not have or did not have enough of. Understandably, that was something she needed to gauge in the interview. In the end, you have to understand that professors are looking for very specific things that may not be completely apparent. I have a friend who went through the interview process 2 years ago and got zero acceptances. When she followed up for feedback, she got responses like "we needed someone with experience in FMRI" but she only had ECG, for example. You have to understand that it is much to the PIs benefit if their graduate students already have a skill than to train someone to learn the whole process. So really, when coping with rejections, you have to remind yourself that A. it is not personal, it is more likely a question of "fit" for the lab and a logistics thing rather than who you are or if you did well in an interview, etc. and B. out of ALL the applicants, you were chosen for an interview. That's HUGE in this field. You should be so proud of yourself for getting to that point. After that, things are beyond your control and you have to find a way to accept that.

Do you mind sharing what those specifics skills were (either on here or DM)? I'm just curious as to what type of skills a PI would deem as the " make it or break it" skill for a candidate. 

I'm trying not to fret but do schools typically let you know that you are waitlisted or do you have to inquire about it? I know now is not the time to email schools as it detracts from them reviewing apps. Just curious as this is my first cycle :)

25 minutes ago, psychnerd5798 said:

I'm trying not to fret but do schools typically let you know that you are waitlisted or do you have to inquire about it? I know now is not the time to email schools as it detracts from them reviewing apps. Just curious as this is my first cycle :)

They usually let you know you're waitlisted directly. I had one interview invite and two waitlistings last year, one came from the PI directly and the other was a mass waitlist email.

24 minutes ago, psychnerd5798 said:

Some schools let you know at the review stage that you are an alternate for an interview. Some will not contact you at this stage even if you remain on the shortlist. Unless you receive an official rejection, assume you are still in some kind of applicant pool. It's awful to keep waiting, but my best advice is to be patient and wait it out. Anything can happen during interview season, and contacting POIs in March is better timing to get response about your possible chances at that point - they will have a much better idea of how things are shaping up with their incoming cohort and they aren't as busy reviewing and interviewing applicants and will be able to respond more easily.

18 minutes ago, DrApple said:

Some schools let you know at the review stage that you are an alternate for an interview. Some will not contact you at this stage even if you remain on the shortlist. Unless you receive an official rejection, assume you are still in some kind of applicant pool. It's awful to keep waiting, but my best advice is to be patient and wait it out. Anything can happen during interview season, and contacting POIs in March is better timing to get response about your possible chances at that point - they will have a much better idea of how things are shaping up with their incoming cohort and they aren't as busy reviewing and interviewing applicants and will be able to respond more easily.

This was comforting...whether or not I am still in the applicant pool or just havent gotten that rejection email its nice to have the mindset that theyre considering you/you have some shot

9 hours ago, psychcoffeegal said:

Has anyone heard anything from John Jay yet? The CUDCP indicates today being the interview notification deadline... 

I just saw this too and am so worried.... This was my "shooting for the stars" program, but I'm still standing on eggshells waiting to hear back from them ?

8 minutes ago, fingers.crossed said:

I just saw this too and am so worried.... This was my "shooting for the stars" program, but I'm still standing on eggshells waiting to hear back from them ?

If it helps I applied there too and haven't heard a peep. Given there hasn't even been a mention on the results page so far, it appears safe to assume their schedule has simply been thrown off.

8 minutes ago, EileanDonan said:

If it helps I applied there too and haven't heard a peep. Given there hasn't even been a mention on the results page so far, it appears safe to assume their schedule has simply been thrown off.

Ugh I hope you're right!! Although I still don't think my chances are great lol, but still it'd just be nice to know