Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

44 minutes ago, questioningpsych said:

Not sure if this question belongs here, do you guys have any "go-to" questions to ask during interviews? I can think of some questions to ask the potential mentor, but what do I ask other faculty members? Any ideas? I feel like most general program questions will be addressed during like the orientation part

Not an original thought, but I love this one: How has your lab navigated COVID? 

It tells you about how adaptable and innovative the team is, and it tells you about the lab culture. If the PI had everybody working in the lab unnecessarily in the height of the pandemic, well... 

1 hour ago, psychap15 said:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know Widener's process for sending out invites for their PsyD program? I know that they have four interview dates and I've seen some people receive their invites, just wondering at what point I should not expect an invite.

I spoke to someone in admissions today and faculty are still reviewing applications apparently. They said I would hear if I would be invited, but she did not specify when...

So much trolling going on in the results page. Another post about MIT - which doesn’t have a clinical program. Some people have way too much time on their hands. 

Edited by PsychApplicant2

1 hour ago, sanna927 said:

I don't know if I'm completely missing this on the results page--when was it posted?

There is a LOT of unnecessary posting but here is the link to the results page for UNC Chapel Hill clinical psychology:

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=UNC+Chapel+Hill+Clinical+Psychology

its down at the bottom on the first page. From Dec 23rdish 

I just want to say, basic behavioral theory tells us that ANY attention is reinforcing, even negative attention. Stop giving the trolls the time of day. It's what they want - they want to annoy people, they want to get you riled up. Seriously, just stop giving them the attention they want. Let's treat them like a 4 year old thats acting out for attention cause at this point, it's basically what they are ?

I applied to ABS at Yale and haven't received an invite for a preliminary interview or an official interview. I'm assuming rejection as of now - does anyone know if she only pulls from those she completed a prelim interview with or from all applicants? Additionally, does anyone know if she/Yale will have a waitlist? Thanks a bunch! Would appreciate any feedback.

21 hours ago, psych2134 said:

Anyone heard from John Jay yet?

John Jay sent out about 30 interview invites this morning for a virtual interview day at the end of January. It is unlikely they will extend any other interview offers for this cycle.

1 hour ago, bubbles27 said:

I applied to ABS at Yale and haven't received an invite for a preliminary interview or an official interview. I'm assuming rejection as of now - does anyone know if she only pulls from those she completed a prelim interview with or from all applicants? Additionally, does anyone know if she/Yale will have a waitlist? Thanks a bunch! Would appreciate any feedback.

I applied to JJ, and haven’t heard anything either. So wondering the same!

1 hour ago, Midnightly said:

Has anyone else not heard back from University of Miami or Florida International University? UM and FIU have not sent me any updates and I've seen several people get interviews or even rejections already ?

I applied to UMiami’s counseling program and haven’t heard anything from them.

20 minutes ago, Psychdreams42 said:

Has anyone heard from the University of Akron?

Also, are we assuming all invites have been sent for Kent State and Case Western?

I know prelims for Kent State have happened already, but I'm still waiting to hear about final decisions. I think they invited everyone they were interested in to a prelim.

1 hour ago, NervousNelly12 said:

Does anyone know if the CUDCP calendar was correct that UNC Greensboro and U Michigan had to send out all invitations by yesterday 01/12? Not sure if I should cross off list, haven't seen anything on page regarding my two PIs (BW and IT, respectively). 

I'm not sure, but I haven't heard from UNC Greensboro and I also applied there.