Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Is it possible that some PIs who conduct prelim interviews wouldn't necessarily hold a preliminary interview with everyone they intend to invite for a formal interview? Has this happened to anyone?

Edited by chickenlover12

52 minutes ago, chickenlover12 said:

Is it possible that some PIs who conduct prelim interviews wouldn't necessarily hold a preliminary interview with everyone they intend to invite for a formal interview? Has this happened to anyone?

Also curious about this

8 hours ago, SheMadeItEventually said:

This is it guys. I know I probably shouldn't have but I emailed the admission assistant for one of my schools asking if they were done with sending invites. I'm sure she got a lot of those emails over the weekend but here is another one to add. Here's to another week of waiting.

Hi, are you talking about UNL? I'm also waiting on the admissions decision. I haven't received an interview or rejection, and I'm wondering if they have already sent out all the invites, or if there is more to come. If you could please share the admission assistant's response it would be great! 

Fingers crossed & lets hope for the best!

This is my first cycle applying, so this is my first time experiencing this. I finally feel the sting of seeing a school you applied to send out interview invites and you did not get one :( Congratulations to all of the interviewees of Georgia Southern U!!! 

I don't envy you guys going through the application process during a global pandemic. I would like to ease your anxiety, if I can. Many programs, if not most programs, are taking longer to respond this year. There are COVID-related complications to contend with that impact any number of the processes attached to doctoral admissions. Please be gentle with yourselves! Your situation is unique and cannot be compared to past cohorts. 

Longtime lurker, but I wanted to add a note similar to what schizometric said. I had an informal interview, and the PI let me know that the school received a record-breaking # of applications and they're taking their time to do their due diligence. They are also facing some funding uncertainties (as you know, most programs confirm funding for xx # of years), so they want to make sure funding is still in place before proceeding with offers so their timelines will be delayed this year.

This is my first cycle and I know how stressful this all is - I hope we are practicing some healthy distancing from here and other online forums! I personally have been playing a lot of stardew valley to cope. :)

On 1/10/2021 at 9:11 AM, psychapplicant21 said:

I'm sorry I had to say something but I can't believe there are people who are actually posting false interview invites. This is really unacceptable on so many levels. 

I'm new to gradcafe so I don't fully know the ins and outs yet, but how do we know which posts are fake?

3 minutes ago, aspiringgradstudent said:

I'm new to gradcafe so I don't fully know the ins and outs yet, but how do we know which posts are fake?

Someone has been posting their ridiculous stats which looked sketchy, but we knew when the same person posted that they got rejected from MIT's Clinical Psychology program. The kicker: MIT doesn't have a clinical psychology PhD program. There was also another poster who claimed they got an interview from a PI, but that PI hadn't send out interview invites yet. I suspect others are fake, but those were the obvious ones. 

1 hour ago, psychgirl13 said:

Longtime lurker, but I wanted to add a note similar to what schizometric said. I had an informal interview, and the PI let me know that the school received a record-breaking # of applications and they're taking their time to do their due diligence. They are also facing some funding uncertainties (as you know, most programs confirm funding for xx # of years), so they want to make sure funding is still in place before proceeding with offers so their timelines will be delayed this year.

This is my first cycle and I know how stressful this all is - I hope we are practicing some healthy distancing from here and other online forums! I personally have been playing a lot of stardew valley to cope. :)

1 hour ago, schizometric said:

I don't envy you guys going through the application process during a global pandemic. I would like to ease your anxiety, if I can. Many programs, if not most programs, are taking longer to respond this year. There are COVID-related complications to contend with that impact any number of the processes attached to doctoral admissions. Please be gentle with yourselves! Your situation is unique and cannot be compared to past cohorts. 

Thanks for the reassurance guys! Personally I have not heard from any of my schools, which was the reason why I've been frantically scrolling through this website once every hour. I think it's definitely hard to not to feel anxious. On one note: do you guys happen to know if a school sent out some invites late dec or early jan, does this usually mean they are done with the invites or are they also taking extra time to process through? Sorry if this came off too random, just trying my best to not to collapse from stress here

24 minutes ago, PsychApplicant2 said:

Someone has been posting their ridiculous stats which looked sketchy, but we knew when the same person posted that they got rejected from MIT's Clinical Psychology program. The kicker: MIT doesn't have a clinical psychology PhD program. There was also another poster who claimed they got an interview from a PI, but that PI hadn't send out interview invites yet. I suspect others are fake, but those were the obvious ones. 

Just wanted to chime in that the person who got an invite from a PI that supposedly hadn't sent invites yet did in fact get a real invite. We were talking about it on the Slack group. 

The real lesson is to take everything you read on the internet with a healthy dose of skepticism. 

10 minutes ago, justacigar said:

Just wanted to chime in that the person who got an invite from a PI that supposedly hadn't sent invites yet did in fact get a real invite. We were talking about it on the Slack group. 

The real lesson is to take everything you read on the internet with a healthy dose of skepticism. 

Oh, wow - don’t know why someone would lie or post information that they weren’t certain about on   the results page, then! That’s my mistake. But the MIT thing is definitely fake!

Edited by PsychApplicant2

11 minutes ago, justacigar said:

DIdn't the same person (I assume) post about Baylor using the same stat as well?

Just now, plantgirl96 said:

I have not! Was just wondering if interview dates are coming up soon

Also just adding that CUDCP says February 15 is the clinical PsyD interview date! I'm not sure if they are holding the PhD and Psyd interviews on the same day- the timeline doesn't specify. As far as I know, no one has heard back yet so let's remain hopeful- the Rutgers PhD is my top choice!