Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

37 minutes ago, shutupsigmundfreud said:

Totally relate, I didn't anticipate my anxiety to get about 1000x worse after all my applications were submitted. I think the waiting combined with feeling like I'm just sitting on my hands makes things really hard since it's out of our control at that point. Narrowed possibilities means less hypotheticals for my brain to get caught up in.

I feel ya on the hypotheticals. I can't help but think about every single possibility and outcome, and that takes a lot of brain power when you applied to 13 schools ?

Hi all, 

Hope you're all having a great new year! I was wondering if anyone has received an interview Clinical PhD invite (or has heard back) from UCLA? Based on their website, it looks like the virtual interviews are scheduled for the second weeks of Feb, so I'm just wondering if anyone has heard back from this school. 

Thanks!

Edited by JELS

30 minutes ago, Midnightly said:

I haven't heard a peep from any of the universities I've applied to... At this point, I'm not sure if I should look at it in a positive way or a negative way.

Same here. I am worried but I also think a lot of this has to do with COVID and the increased number of applications. Just a hypothesis though (lol). 

That being said, has anyone heard from any east coast schools? I feel like most people hearing back are either west coast or midwest. Anyone heard from: Yale, Stony Brook, Harvard, Suffolk, BU, URI, UMB, UCLA? 

Hi everyone, 

Hope you're all holding up alright and are having a great new year! Has anyone heard back from UCLA? I applied to their Clinical PhD program, and based on their website, it looks like they will be holding virtual interviews the second week of Feb, but was wondering if anyone has heard back from this program. Thanks! :) 

8 minutes ago, scientistsam said:

Same here. I am worried but I also think a lot of this has to do with COVID and the increased number of applications. Just a hypothesis though (lol). 

That being said, has anyone heard from any east coast schools? I feel like most people hearing back are either west coast or midwest. Anyone heard from: Yale, Stony Brook, Harvard, Suffolk, BU, URI, UMB, UCLA? 

3 minutes ago, JPfall2021applicant said:

Has anyone heard from CUNY Health Psych and Clinical Science? :)

Replying to both at once to not clog up too much :) I also applied to Harvard, BU, and CUNY (HPCS) and haven't heard anything (feel free to DM if y'all do I am losing my mind a little bit haha). My friend applied to UMB and was told they won't hear about invites until the last week of Jan!

ugh yall... i can feel that we're all really hard workers here. We all really deserve to be given the opportunity to pursue the dreams we've worked so hard for. I genuinely hope we all get admission from schools we'd be happy to attend ? rooting for us all

17 minutes ago, scientistsam said:

Stony Brook is holding interviews this week

20 minutes ago, scientistsam said:

I applied to a lot of schools in the east as well and haven't heard back. I agree it's probably just them doing a meticulous job getting through the applications so hopefully no bad news. No word from BU, Suffolk; and just a general e-mail from UMB saying faculty will contact us at end of Jan. 

9 minutes ago, Dazen said:

Has anyone heard from Southern Mississippi? Their website says interviews will be late Jan/early Feb, but they've generally notified in mid-December the past few years.

I am pretty sure Southern Miss has sent out invitations. I know someone with an interview invite from NC. Not sure if all POIs have sent invites yet.

28 minutes ago, DrApple said:

I am pretty sure Southern Miss has sent out invitations. I know someone with an interview invite from NC. Not sure if all POIs have sent invites yet.

Darn, that's who I applied to. Surprised that I hadn't seen anything on the results page and disappointed this looks like a no.

6 minutes ago, baldpotter said:

Counseling Psych PhD -

Anyone heard from U Kansas, UMass Boston, or Loyola Chicago?

Clinical Psych PhD -

Anyone heard from N. Illinois or UH Manoa?

NIU is typically pretty late w the notifications, I would expect them to send out invites after Jan 15th or later. Last year I was notified of waitlist status like Jan 20th or something like that

Another round of schools I’ve seen people asking about recently:

• URI Clinical - applied, have not heard back. 
  • UMass Boston Clinical - got a general email about offers being extended in late January. 
  • UH Manoa Clinical - applied, have not heard back. 

Hope this was helpful!

On 1/4/2021 at 5:12 PM, Southwestteacher said:

I am wondering the same thing with University of Oregon (except with School Psych PHD)! Rejections were posted today but I haven't heard either way. Not sure what to think... hoping more rejections aren't coming throughout the week. 

On 1/4/2021 at 4:26 PM, baldpotter said:

University of Oregon - Counseling Psychology

I saw today on the results forum people got an official rejection email from the program. If I received neither an invite nor official rejection what is the best next step? What do you all think?

I am so relieved to hear that other people are in the same boat with Oregon Counseling PhD dept! Really hoping that they're just trying to make time for more interviews....fingers crossed for all of you waiting with me! Hope we hear some good news soon. Would love to know when you hear!  

30 minutes ago, ariocookie said:

I am so relieved to hear that other people are in the same boat with Oregon Counseling PhD dept! Really hoping that they're just trying to make time for more interviews....fingers crossed for all of you waiting with me! Hope we hear some good news soon. Would love to know when you hear!  

I received an interview offer from Oregon Counseling but I'm unable to make that interview date, so I asked if they had alternate dates available. They said that they're working on it and that they would let me know, so I wouldn't necessarily count yourselves out yet!

5 hours ago, EileanDonan said:

Since we're asking, I'm curious to know if anyone here applied to UW-Madison (clinical) and has any idea of their timeline?

I have also applied to UW-Madison for clinical and I haven't heard anything yet. From what I've seen from previous years' results, invites tend to be sent in January and the formal interviews held at the very end of January. Would't be surprised if that's pushed back to February this year though. And since there's not admission committee, I feel like when candidates are contacted really depends on the PI.

7 minutes ago, YouNeverKnow said:

I have also applied to UW-Madison for clinical and I haven't heard anything yet. From what I've seen from previous years' results, invites tend to be sent in January and the formal interviews held at the very end of January. Would't be surprised if that's pushed back to February this year though. And since there's not admission committee, I feel like when candidates are contacted really depends on the PI.

Hi! Helps to hear it’s not just me. I did see someone had a prelim already, so I’ve been on tenterhooks since. I suspect February too at this point.