Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

2 hours ago, plantgirl96 said:

I applied to JJ... were KL and MOB taking students?

2 hours ago, higaisha said:

Pretty sure neither can take on students...they are both research faculty but not professors.

I emailed with the registrar and she said they were and they were on a list of faculty accepting students. KL's website also said she was accepting, but honestly knowing my luck they both won't be.?

Just now, HopefullyPanicked said:

I emailed with the registrar and she said they were and they were on a list of faculty accepting students. KL's website also said she was accepting, but honestly knowing my luck they both won't be.?

Well that is interesting! Best of luck--Yale's program has gotten pretty small over the years, they take like <5 students per year (they should recruit new clinical faculty lol!).

12 minutes ago, higaisha said:

Well that is interesting! Best of luck--Yale's program has gotten pretty small over the years, they take like <5 students per year (they should recruit new clinical faculty lol!).

Does anyone know if FK is accepting students?

Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to ask if anyone had any tips for what to prepare for a preliminary interview with Kent State? It is my first one (this is my first year applying) and I am very nervous! In the email I got from my PI, it said that this would be to "learn more about the program, ask questions, etc." He sent me a list of his current projects, so I have a couple of clarifying questions about his ongoing projects as well as a few questions about where he may be looking to expand upon different areas of his research, but I do not know if I should prepare anything else? Should I try to bring up things about my application that I want to highlight? Any help, guidance, or personal experience would be appreciated. Happy New Year!!!

To the person who posted about unc Greensboro on the results page, was it an official invite, prelim, etc? PI initials? DM would be great! 

Edited by missmusical
Clarity

1 hour ago, tryingtostaypositive said:

Anyone heard anything from CU Boulder (PI: JA)? They said they'd send notifications by 5th Jan so just wondering... 

When you say "they" do you mean the PI or the program itself?

Are applicant portals updated to reflect formal interviews? Or are they only updated after a decision (i.e. accepted or rejected)?

Edited by kch16

1 hour ago, ClinPsychAgain said:

Does anyone know if Marquette has sent out all of their interview invitations? There are some on the results page but I wasn't sure if individual PIs sent some out but not others.

yes, I received an invitation to Marquette. They're holding their interviews February 1st, 5th and 8th.  

ugh, i'm just really stressing out. after not getting in my first round of applying, i was really heartbroken. I spent the last 2 years working my ass off in psych research/getting publications and have made my way up to lab manager in my current clin psych lab. I feel like I'm a really strong applicant this second round of applying but i'm feeling discouraged from not hearing anything yet : / trying not to catastrophize just yet