Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Just now, shutupsigmundfreud said:

me watching everyone post their interview invites on the results page, having not heard a single word from my schools albeit 1 rejection:

536.jpg.b48dce947d27225da2a248f0765ae9a5.jpg

? you'll be out there with bob and pat so soon

12 minutes ago, shutupsigmundfreud said:

me watching everyone post their interview invites on the results page, having not heard a single word from my schools albeit 1 rejection:

536.jpg.b48dce947d27225da2a248f0765ae9a5.jpg

Don't give up yet!! it's still early in the process :) 

24 minutes ago, psychnerd17 said:

Has anyone heard from CF at Kent State or EC at Miami University (Ohio)? I know some of the professors have sent out interview invites about haven’t heard anything about these POIs. 

Miami University is having interviews on Jan 19 and 22. I think most invites have gone out, but I can't speak for EC specifically. 

2 hours ago, GoodLuck2021 said:

Anyone heard from Counseling Psych PhD from University of Kansas (KU)?

I saw only one post about receiving its interview invite on Jan 7. Are there more people receiving the invites?

I got an email today letting me know I was not selected for an interview but referring me to their masters program. If you didn't get that email, there may be hope!

Is it possible that John Jay is still sending out invites during the rest of the week? I did not get an invitation, however I also did not receive any sort of rejection. When I log in to the application portal there is no indication of rejection nor an interview offer, either. Also nothing in my spam folder but coincidentally someone from John Jay checked out my linkedin profile today.

5 minutes ago, forensicpsychstu said:

Is it possible that John Jay is still sending out invites during the rest of the week? I did not get an invitation, however I also did not receive any sort of rejection. When I log in to the application portal there is no indication of rejection nor an interview offer, either. Also nothing in my spam folder but coincidentally someone from John Jay checked out my linkedin profile today.

I'm in the same boat - I suspect they're sending out rejections and/or keeping a handful of applicants on a short list in case someone has to turn down their invite at the last minute.

Just now, EileanDonan said:

I'm in the same boat - I suspect they're sending out rejections and/or keeping a handful of applicants on a short list in case someone has to turn down their invite at the last minute.

Thanks for the response! I was considering emailing them tomorrow, but I suppose I will just wait it out. It is the first school on my list that has begun to send things out, but it also happens to be my top choice. I hope for luck for the both of us!

I received an official rejection from UNL today asking me to check the portal for admission decision. It sucks because it was my first choice, but I got to move forward. Wishing everyone good luck in their application process! 

I'm seeing on the interview page that USC faculty met this morning to decide on how they'll be interviewing.. someone posted that they received an invite from the DCT- do we think all invites have already been extended?

16 minutes ago, plantgirl96 said:

I'm seeing on the interview page that USC faculty met this morning to decide on how they'll be interviewing.. someone posted that they received an invite from the DCT- do we think all invites have already been extended?

I hope not! they will probably all be sent tomorrow or Friday. The meeting could have taken a long time. 

23 hours ago, PsychApplicant2 said:

So much trolling going on in the results page. Another post about MIT - which doesn’t have a clinical program. Some people have way too much time on their hands. 

I don't understand this.. why would people just post something on there that's BS. Like we don't already feel anxious enough about this :(

Is it just me, or is it frustrating to other people when people post on the results page to ask if anyone has heard from a certain school? It stresses me out to see the name of a program I applied to on the results page and then I see that someone is just wondering if anyone has heard from the program. Is that type of post allowed on the results page?

So I didn't realize U Houston had 2 JBs and 3 AVs all accepting students for 2021 (both my POI initials ahah) and now I don't know whether to be hopeful again? I was pretty certain I was an assumed rejection due to others posting invites from those POIs, but now I am conflicted. Anyone else in the same boat? ?

Just now, Psy-aye-aye said:

Is it just me, or is it frustrating to other people when people post on the results page to ask if anyone has heard from a certain school? It stresses me out to see the name of a program I applied to on the results page and then I see that someone is just wondering if anyone has heard from the program. Is that type of post allowed on the results page?

I feel the same way and have wondered that as well. While I can certainly sympathize, it ultimately just creates more clutter for everyone now and in the future to have to dig through. I have a hard time believing they haven't made it to this forum and seen there's a place for those sorts of Q's.