Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

I was just notified by PI at the University of Michigan that formal invitations went out via phone call. I'm disappointed that I did not receive a phone call but so much relief from finding out! The waiting game is so hard. Congrats to people who got the call!

28 minutes ago, HOP said:

I was just notified by PI at the University of Michigan that formal invitations went out via phone call. I'm disappointed that I did not receive a phone call but so much relief from finding out! The waiting game is so hard. Congrats to people who got the call!

As in all PIs from University of Michigan have sent out formal invitations? I applied to POI: IT

30 minutes ago, psychcoffeegal said:

I'm pretty sure those were trolls as the deadline was Jan 1st and there is no way someone can receive an invite 7 days later... 

I hope so :( I saw 3 posts about having received invites on the admissions results about it

Has anyone heard from SVS at UNC Greensboro? I had a preliminary interview with her that went pretty well (I think?) and she said I would know one way or the other in the second week of January, but it has been radio silence. I saw some other people received invites from UNCG, but I'm not sure if the invites are complete?

Also, anyone heard anything from UNC Charlotte? It is a Health/Clinical program so I'm not sure if people are posting about it here. The deadline was November 15th so I'm getting antsy!

29 minutes ago, lileruneal said:

Has anyone heard from SVS at UNC Greensboro? I had a preliminary interview with her that went pretty well (I think?) and she said I would know one way or the other in the second week of January, but it has been radio silence. I saw some other people received invites from UNCG, but I'm not sure if the invites are complete?

Also, anyone heard anything from UNC Charlotte? It is a Health/Clinical program so I'm not sure if people are posting about it here. The deadline was November 15th so I'm getting antsy!

I applied to both UNC Greensboro and Charlotte and haven't heard anything from either. I'm assuming rejection from Greensboro, since you had a preliminary interview. I applied to a different PI, though. Haven't seen much on Charlotte, but I could have missed those posts. 

Wishing you the best of luck! The anxiety is definitely real at this stage in the process!

6 minutes ago, Raz16 said:

I applied to both UNC Greensboro and Charlotte and haven't heard anything from either. I'm assuming rejection from Greensboro, since you had a preliminary interview. I applied to a different PI, though. Haven't seen much on Charlotte, but I could have missed those posts. 

Wishing you the best of luck! The anxiety is definitely real at this stage in the process!

Its a real gut punch, she seemed like a really great mentor. I know my anxiety is at its PEAK. Thank you so much and best of luck to you!!

8 minutes ago, Raz16 said:

I haven't heard anythiiiing from Charlotte despite the early deadline (Nov 15th) so I'm incredibly surprised they haven't sent anything out yet. They either did and no one posted, or it could be any day now!

10 minutes ago, kch16 said:

@Gavindorf why did you assume rejection from Arizona State?

Because previous posting have shown they send out their invites by the 3rd or very early Jan. I've only seen one person post their invite (Dec. 17th) so maybe they haven't sent out their invites yet, but that's why it's an assumption!

2 minutes ago, Gavindorf said:

Because previous posting have shown they send out their invites by the 3rd or very early Jan. I've only seen one person post their invite (Dec. 17th) so maybe they haven't sent out their invites yet, but that's why it's an assumption!

I received an email in November from the POI at ASU I applied to, and they said they are reviewing applications in January. I wouldn't give up hope there yet!

8 minutes ago, Gavindorf said:

I saw that too but most programs have had their timelines pushed back this cycle and their website says they will notify by the end of January. Also haven't seen any invitations for clinical specifically. I wouldn't assume it's over! Fingers crossed you get an invite

9 minutes ago, TimLivC said:

Has anyone heard from POI: DJ at UNC Chapel Hill regarding preliminary or official interviews?

I'm pretty sure DJ has sent out all official interviews. I had a prelim with them earlier but did not get an official invite

Edited by spring2000

1 hour ago, bubbles27 said:

Has anyone heard from POI: BA at Notre Dame regarding preliminary or official interviews?

1 hour ago, RebeccaPsych said:

Also waiting on this news! ?

hi, i interviewed with KV’s lab a few weeks ago, idk if it’s the same for all PIs but they said they’d let us know official decisions by the first week of feb :( sorry 

Not sure if this question belongs here, do you guys have any "go-to" questions to ask during interviews? I can think of some questions to ask the potential mentor, but what do I ask other faculty members? Any ideas? I feel like most general program questions will be addressed during like the orientation part