Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

4 minutes ago, chickenlover12 said:

So I didn't realize U Houston had 2 JBs and 3 AVs all accepting students for 2021 (both my POI initials ahah) and now I don't know whether to be hopeful again? I was pretty certain I was an assumed rejection due to others posting invites from those POIs, but now I am conflicted. Anyone else in the same boat? ?

Yes! JB is my POI, as well. I didn't realize there was another. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for a little longer, maybe!

43 minutes ago, EileanDonan said:

I feel the same way and have wondered that as well. While I can certainly sympathize, it ultimately just creates more clutter for everyone now and in the future to have to dig through. I have a hard time believing they haven't made it to this forum and seen there's a place for those sorts of Q's.

Exactly! We're all in the same boat, waiting to hear. Cluttering the results feed just makes it harder to find out when people actually do get results!

1 hour ago, Psy-aye-aye said:

Is it just me, or is it frustrating to other people when people post on the results page to ask if anyone has heard from a certain school? It stresses me out to see the name of a program I applied to on the results page and then I see that someone is just wondering if anyone has heard from the program. Is that type of post allowed on the results page?

Yes I don't get that either, it makes it so much more confusing and I actually thought it meant 4 people got an invite to a program when it was just one. I don't know just ask here but don't spam that section..

5 hours ago, aspiringgradstudent said:

I got an email today letting me know I was not selected for an interview but referring me to their masters program. If you didn't get that email, there may be hope!

I received the same email telling me I’m not selected, just several minutes after my post, like magic hahaha. Thank you for responding to me anyway!!

13 hours ago, clinpsychapps said:

Has anyone heard from UH Manoa? Or any official invites for University of Vermont? I saw some prelim invites a little while ago but haven't seen any official to my knowledge

I had a prelim a few days ago and received an official invite to the interview for University of Vermont today! (Well, technically yesterday since it’s 5am) But the interviews are taking place 2/12. This is the only school I have heard from. Who is your PI? I’ve only seen one other post about their interview. It’s quite possible that some PIs have not gotten as far as others in recruiting candidates. Best of luck!!??

1 hour ago, clinical_sike said:

I had a prelim a few days ago and received an official invite to the interview for University of Vermont today! (Well, technically yesterday since it’s 5am) But the interviews are taking place 2/12. This is the only school I have heard from. Who is your PI? I’ve only seen one other post about their interview. It’s quite possible that some PIs have not gotten as far as others in recruiting candidates. Best of luck!!??

Congrats!! My PI is MP, I haven't seen his initials so hoping he hasn't gotten around to all of them yet. Best of luck to you!

10 hours ago, babyyoda said:

Has anyone heard from the University of Arizona or University of Kentucky?

Counseling or Clinical? I received a rejection from Kentucky (counseling) in late December. Should be a good sign for you!

2 minutes ago, PhD1Day said:

My Ohio State application is still saying "pending," I guess I'm assuming rejection seeing as though acceptance letters have been sent out? 

Also, has anyone heard from Ohio university or Miami university (Ohio)??

Miami University (Ohio) interviews are next week (Jan 19 and Jan 22), so I think all invites have gone out. Best of luck to you!

58 minutes ago, clinpsych2021 said:

has anyone heard from rutgers phd? i am starting to freak out because in previous years they have sent out interview invites by jan 15

I have not heard anything about invitations but did receive an email with a qualtrics form sometime a couple weeks ago asking me more details about research interests. 

On 1/6/2021 at 2:33 PM, RedBird said:
1 hour ago, clinpsych2021 said:

has anyone heard from rutgers phd? i am starting to freak out because in previous years they have sent out interview invites by jan 15

I have heard from one person who did a prelim interview the first week of January. They have not heard back yet about official offers. DM for POI.

54 minutes ago, kch16 said:

Should I assume rejection from UNLV? I see that they sent out invites yesterday.

They might be sending some today, too! It looks like they went out in the evening, and personalizing the emails can take a while - hopefully we hear back today :) 

Edited by chickenlover12

Sorry clogging this up I just need to let some “AAAAHAHAAHHAHGGGGGG” frustrations out. Y’all I am a nervous wreck seeing all the invites go out and still no peep from any school/POI!

but forreal I am very happy for everyone that has been accepted//interviewed//etc! 
(I just want to hear somethinggggg even if it’s a rejection at this point)

❤️ 

27 minutes ago, psych1987 said:

Hello everyone!

I am wondering if anyone has heard anything from Arizona State University?

I don’t think anyone has. Haven’t seen anything about it on the results page. They’re probably bogged down by the mega influx in apps. 

Did someone say that Washington state university will be extending interview invites this week? I saw a lot of people got prelims but none with my POIs initials (TB) so I’m wondering (hoping) if she is one of many who extends interview invites without doing a prelim.