2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

1 hour ago, Psychologystudent2021 said:

If it makes you both feel better, I had contacted the graduate program administrator to ask about a timeline for interviews and what not, and they said that faculty are currently contacting students for interviews and will keep doing so throughout the month! 

Thanks! I think imma just expect to not get one and then be pleasantly surprised if I do get one ?

32 minutes ago, Jpsych_ said:

Anyone hear from Windsor? Losing hope :( 

They may still be sending out emails so I'd wait a few more days :). Invites could be delayed this cycle due to COVID (maybe reviewing more apps possibly?) but I'm not sure what exactly is going on over there this year.

If you want some clarification I'd recommend emailing the Psychology Graduate secretary and they will be able to give you a concrete idea of where they are in their selection process and any possible delays/current timelines/etc. My projections were based on previous cycles but this one could be different. ?‍♀️

50 minutes ago, Jpsych_ said:

Anyone hear from Windsor? Losing hope :( 

I wouldn't lose hope! I haven't seen anyone post about hearing back from Windsor yet, so I am sure they are just behind. On the results page some people didn't post about hearing back until the last week of January! There is still plenty of time!! :))

Anyone who had an initial interview at Queens hear about the clinical interviews yet? I was told we should hear from the department anywhere from yesterday until Monday. 

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!

12 minutes ago, iamstressed said:

Has anyone received an interview to ryersons interview day yet? I saw someone post on the results page. 

I was told by my POI that there may or may not be a clinical interview for some applicants, you may receive an acceptance without one. Either way invitations/acceptances he said will be around mid - February. 

30 minutes ago, coffee7874 said:

Anyone who had an initial interview at Queens hear about the clinical interviews yet? I was told we should hear from the department anywhere from yesterday until Monday. 

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!

I haven't heard a peep. My POI said to be patient but gave no timeline. I was thinking it would be some weeks before we heard anything about the next step. Yours said Monday latest?

21 minutes ago, PrettyFlyForACogSci said:

I haven't heard a peep. My POI said to be patient but gave no timeline. I was thinking it would be some weeks before we heard anything about the next step. Yours said Monday latest?

I also heard nothing about a possible date 

1 minute ago, freudianslipintogradschool said:

Anyone know how many schools in Canada are scientist-practitioner vs clinical science models?

Mcgill is the only accredited clinical science school (by PCSAS). Western, UTSC, and UBC (I think?) also follow a clinical science model (based on self-reported orientation).

43 minutes ago, coffee7874 said:

I was told by my POI that there may or may not be a clinical interview for some applicants, you may receive an acceptance without one. Either way invitations/acceptances he said will be around mid - February. 

I had no idea that there was a possibility you could get accepted without an interview...

9 minutes ago, higaisha said:

Mcgill is the only accredited clinical science school (by PCSAS). Western, UTSC, and UBC (I think?) also follow a clinical science model (based on self-reported orientation).

15 minutes ago, freudianslipintogradschool said:

Anyone know how many schools in Canada are scientist-practitioner vs clinical science models?

Anyone have a good description of the differences between the two models? Everything I've read has still left me kind of confused!

13 minutes ago, xtrahotlatte said:

I had no idea that there was a possibility you could get accepted without an interview...

Not without an interview, just potentially not a clinically oriented one. 

Does anyone know what's going on with Ryerson? There seems to be a mix of clinical interview, interview day, and informal interview invites on the results page. Are clinical interview and interview day invites the same thing and do they get sent out in a mass email or by faculty?

School: University of Western Ontario

Program: Clinical Psychology, M.Sc.

Interview type: Formal Interview day via email from POI

Date of Invite: January 22nd, 2021

DM for POI: Yes! Happy to share

Edited by Hope466

1 minute ago, Hope466 said:

School: University of Western Ontario

Program: Clinical Psychology, M.Sc.

Interview type: Formal Interview day via email from POI

Date of Invite: January 22nd, 2021

DM for POI: Yes! Happy to share via DM only

Congrats--finally some word from Western lol.

3 minutes ago, psych011011 said:

Does anyone know what's going on with Ryerson? There seems to be a mix of clinical interview, interview day, and informal interview invites on the results page. Are clinical interview and interview day invites the same thing and do they get sent out in a mass email or by faculty?

I don't think there's a formal interview day. Seems like profs are just reaching out to students ad hoc requesting an interview. There is a Visiting Day though, which I believe is scheduled for February 8. In terms of "clinical interviews", I think if your POI is a clinical psychologist, then it's just one interview. If your POI isn't a clinical psychologist, then you may interview your POI plus have a second interview that is a clinical interview with one of the clinical psychology profs. 

On 1/21/2021 at 12:41 PM, freudianslipintogradschool said:

Totally.

so I guess this is where I’m struggling. I think my ideal supervisor is at one school, but my ideal program is at another. 

How would you decide!!!

Wait to see which you get accepted to? Or have you got offers from both places? Otherwise you are creating an unnecessary problem for yourself that may be solved for you. 

Just now, iliketurtlestoo said:

Wait to see which you get accepted to? Or have you got offers from both places? Otherwise you are creating an unnecessary problem for yourself that may be solved for you. 

Doesn't hurt to think about your (possible) options