2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

21 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Claiming Georgetown (IR sub) acceptance. POI called me this noon, indicating there are two admits in IR this cycle. Total applicants are over 500. Decisions likely to be released next week. Fingers crossed for everyone else then!

Congratulations!! 

37 minutes ago, smug-face said:

Got news from LSE - accepted with no funding! Disappointed, but now I'm really just wondering how I should color code this in my signature? Lol

Sorry to hear that. It is increasingly difficult for internationals to get funding this year. 

I got my rejection a few days after my interview because I explicitly told my interview panel (I knew them well as a former student) that an offer without funding is pointless since I have no external or self funding ability. 

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Claiming Georgetown (IR sub) acceptance. POI called me this noon, indicating there are two admits in IR this cycle. Total applicants are over 500. Decisions likely to be released next week. Fingers crossed for everyone else then!

Congrats! Any word on funding?

Anyone else a little weirded out by Duke's lack of response? It seems like in the last few years, they've released their acceptances and rejections at around the same time, and if not, usually only a few days later. I haven't seen anyone claim a rejection on here either, so it just seems odd! 

Also congrats @cheetah for the admission! I went to GU Law and got my LLM there and I loved it. The campus is super pretty too!

Question- if something changes about our profile that would be beneficial in admissions, do you think it's too late to let some of the late-February notification schools know and would that be a good idea? For example, if I got nominated for a big award would it be smart to tell Yale or Cornell? I'm not sure if they would take it under consideration at this point in the cycle. 

11 minutes ago, polisciii said:

claiming Georgetown acceptance too! Received a phone call letting me know that all acceptances should be released by Monday and phone calls going out today

Congratulations! Can I ask which subfield? 

3 minutes ago, gradpumpkin said:

Question- if something changes about our profile that would be beneficial in admissions, do you think it's too late to let some of the late-February notification schools know and would that be a good idea? For example, if I got nominated for a big award would it be smart to tell Yale or Cornell? I'm not sure if they would take it under consideration at this point in the cycle. 

Personally, I think it is too late but there is never harm in trying. 

Edit for grammar 

Edited by BrownSugar

8 minutes ago, gradpumpkin said:

Upload a new document in your portal for Yale. It states that whatever you upload will override the previous copy. At the bottom of the page you can choose to upload "supplementary documents". I'd write something up and put it there. Good luck.

23 minutes ago, gradpumpkin said:

Let them know. If you get the NSF, for example, it's not uncommon for departments to admit you after the fact especially if you were borderline.

4 hours ago, A_21 said:

Hi there, 

I also applied to SAIS but didn't hear anything yet. May I ask where did you saw people getting accepted. I do not see any update on the result page!

Hi! I was reading some previous comments on this forum and read someone saying that they got accepted. I'm kind of confused if it's a different program (the person applied to 2 different programs, one IR and one Political Science) or something else but I remember that person saying SAIS. I may have read it wrong but if I did, please let me know because i'm nerve wracking right now haha and goodluck to you!

4 minutes ago, PolNerd said:

Northwestern better be sending those rejections, as promised, today. Just want to get it over with and finally start obsessing about Cornell.

Yeah I was wondering if their comment of wrapping up the process "within the next three days" on Wednesday meant three days including Wednesday, which would be today, or three days from Wednesday, which could be Saturday or Monday depending on if they meant business days...

I clearly haven't been obsessing over this :)

1 minute ago, afjackie said:

Yeah I was wondering if their comment of wrapping up the process "within the next three days" on Wednesday meant three days including Wednesday, which would be today, or three days from Wednesday, which could be Saturday or Monday depending on if they meant business days...

I am the same way about Stony Brook. Just tell me I have been rejected!

2 minutes ago, goodvibesonly said:

Hi! I was reading some previous comments on this forum and read someone saying that they got accepted. I'm kind of confused if it's a different program (the person applied to 2 different programs, one IR and one Political Science) or something else but I remember that person saying SAIS. I may have read it wrong but if I did, please let me know because i'm nerve wracking right now haha and goodluck to you!

As far as I know (and talked couple of applicants I know personally), SAIS didn't published any result yet. They are currently reviewing the application but couldn't get the information when they will send the decision. The information we see on the result page is John Hopkins Political Science, which is different from SAIS. 

Let's us know if you know anything precisely about SAIS. 

2 minutes ago, afjackie said:

They told me by Friday. Maybe you should give the Department a call and let us know if that has changed! A nice guy answers lol.

1 minute ago, The Converse said:

I am the same way about Stony Brook. Just tell me I have been rejected!

Srsly. I'm not even sure Northwestern is my first choice anymore, I just want to know for certain so I can cross it off the list and move on with my decision making!