2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

11 minutes ago, Polisci-PhD said:

I was accepted in Comparative Politics. 

Congratulations!!

My heart was broken after a professor who helped me A LOT said that he decided to leave UT and retire because I told him that I did not want to apply there (I am an international student, and I am not sure I would like to fund 100% of my Ph.D. fees). I have been feeling shitty since then?‍♀️

8 minutes ago, Taaya said:

Congratulations @Polisci-PhD ! If i may ask please, when did you apply and are you an international applicant? Thanks

No, I am Canadian and I applied in early January. The acceptance email was unofficial. The official letter of acceptance and the funding information will be posted online early next week. 

11 minutes ago, Uberfloweret said:

Congratulations!!

My heart was broken after a professor who helped me A LOT said that he decided to leave UT and retire because I told him that I did not want to apply there (I am an international student, and I am not sure I would like to fund 100% of my Ph.D. fees). I have been feeling shitty since then?‍♀️

I am sorry to hear that. I realize that the funding opportunities are more difficult for international applicants in Canada. I wish you the best of luck for the rest of the cycle! 

I know it's Saturday and all I can do is just wait, but I am struggling inside to wait patiently for Yale. I am super happy with and thankful for my offers I already have and don't want to come across as anything else. I just really love their program and think I have a really great fit so I'm still super hopeful for some positive news. Anyway, I guess I just wanted to vent my feelings to people I know will understand me :)

55 minutes ago, smaug said:

Yale grad school will release all decisions at the same time by email. POIs are not supposed to contact anyone until after that happens.

despite having no evidence, I choose to wholeheartedly believe this claim so I can go back to doing homework. bless you mountain king

2 hours ago, StarkDark1 said:

Is it likely that Cornell has sent out all the acceptances?  

Yes. There’s probably also a waitlist but I wouldn’t keep your hopes up given this cycle. Official letters are supposed to come by early March, rejection or not. 

Edited by BrownSugar