2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

Just now, gbheron said:

I still have nothing from NYU, Cornell, and Maryland. Is it safe to assume all those are rejections? Feeling ready to end this cycle once MIT finally comes out

I'm waiting for Cornell too (theory).  I don't think Cornell has an official waitlist, so I'm assuming I've either been rejected or placed on an unofficial waitlist.  

2 minutes ago, gbheron said:

I still have nothing from NYU, Cornell, and Maryland. Is it safe to assume all those are rejections? Feeling ready to end this cycle once MIT finally comes out

the only acceptances from maryland on here have been from a couple CP/IR people, and someone called them and they said the department will send out all acceptances by the end of the month so i think theyre not done yet

Edited by spotted

Just now, StarkDark1 said:

What bites about being on waitlists is that you know that during a normal year, you might have been accepted.  One POI even told me that in a personal email.  ?

This was the case for Stanford. The email said that they don't normally have a waitlist at all, but due to COVID they had to reduce the size of their cohort and decided to have a short waitlist. Absolutely crazy to think about! I was not expecting it at all.

7 minutes ago, jacksonearlsweatshirt said:

Question regarding older admissions news. Did anyone ever claim a UVA admit?

I'm on the UVA waitlist and got the info about their virtual visit day- I could be wrong but based off of how they've been talking it seems like admits are out already, although I also never saw one posted here or on the results page either.  

Just now, gradpumpkin said:

I'm on the UVA waitlist and got the info about their virtual visit day- I could be wrong but based off of how they've been talking it seems like admits are out already, although I also never saw one posted here or on the results page either.  

I am too. Didn't get info about their virtual visit day, which isn't a great sign about my place on the list haha.

That's also why I asked. I remember seeing a huge influx of wait-lists and then no acceptances in the next few days.

+1 on Yale rejection. Expected, it was probably my worst fit (that and Berkeley). Still thought it was worth a shot! Now I'm really just waiting on Harris to wrap this up. Congrats to those admitted/waitlisted and virtual hugs to those rejected!

Claiming a Stanford rejection. Also got a Duke rejection earlier. Pretty sure I've been rejected at Maryland and Vanderbilt too so the only school left is MIT. Regardless of what happens, I'm still happy that I've been accepted to Emory with funding. Any acceptance is a success, esp this year. Best of luck y'all!

I know they were running a bit behind schedule but is there any hope Vanderbilt isn’t done sending acceptances? Or do I look silly having Vanderbilt listed as pending in my signature.

Edited by Crossed_fingers