2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

On 3/22/2021 at 12:28 PM, skullkid said:

Did NYU took our rejections letters hostage? what-is-the-deal with them. We are beyond the point of "millenials cant take a little wating time". 

I feel the same way about UCLA! Not a peep from them and it's been over 3 weeks since I last emailed them and they said they were slowing rolling out decisions

On 3/22/2021 at 4:30 AM, Angelo X said:

Hi, did anyone hear anything back from Vanderbilt? I haven't received anything yet, and maybe I should email the dept to find out whether my email was missing

23 hours ago, Luxlux said:

Nothing from Vanderbilt, they said we would have the rejections by the 18th but it looks like they did not meet their deadline

I got my official rejection last night 

5 hours ago, MEESASOBOREDSA said:

Guys, would it be weird to send an e-mail to program director/coordinator to ask whether they assessed international applicants or when I should expect to hear from the department? 

If you're talking about York-- I emailed them recently, and they told me they hope to get back to international applicants in the next few weeks.  

1 hour ago, StarkDark1 said:

If you're talking about York-- I emailed them recently, and they told me they hope to get back to international applicants in the next few weeks.  

Hello! Yes,indeed, thats what they have told me too. Lets wait for some time and keep each other informed if we get an update!

On 3/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, sherlock holmes/M said:

Hi all, anybody hear back from Kent state university?? please let me know! 

I just heard an unofficial offer today- hopefully you will hear soon!

On 3/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, sherlock holmes/M said:

Hi all, anybody hear back from Kent state university?? please let me know! 

I forgot to ask-- did you apply to the PhD or the MA? I applied to the PhD. 

If anyone has an offer from Washington University in St. Louis and is not planning to accept, please let them know. I am on the wait list (IR/CP) and will be eternally grateful! 

Hey yall, I got off of the waitlist at Maryland as well this week and am likely to accept their offer after speaking with my advisor. I plan on declining my Illinois offer soon, hopefully that helps one of you guys! Thanks to those who made it possible for me to get off of my waitlists, and thanks for all the support on this forum and good luck to all ❤️

On 3/23/2021 at 8:47 PM, StarkDark1 said:

Thanks for the info from my part as well!

I find it strange that it's taking them this long to release the results for international students. Honestly, I'm starting to speculate that they're still unsure whether they can admit any international applicants due to COVID, which delays their process. I hope that's not the case, though.

6 hours ago, spotted said:

Hey yall, I got off of the waitlist at Maryland as well this week and am likely to accept their offer after speaking with my advisor. I plan on declining my Illinois offer soon, hopefully that helps one of you guys! Thanks to those who made it possible for me to get off of my waitlists, and thanks for all the support on this forum and good luck to all ❤️

Congratulations! can I ask your subfield? I am still waiting for the Illinois

Claiming a UCLA waitlist spot (CP). I took a different approach to a lot of people this cycle and applied to 6 top-20 programs—I was quite picky! Understandably got rejected at 4 of them and waitlisted at 1 other (then subsequently the slots all filled), so this is my last hope for the 2021 cycle. Either way, it frankly just feels good to be considered. Whatever happens happens, but also please notify UCLA if you’re accepted and not planning to attend lol :)

0a/2w/4r

On 3/26/2021 at 10:45 AM, Polysciapplicant21 said:

My SAIS portal is down... I have never hoped for a miracle harder than today with 1w/5r/SAIS pending

Any updates so far? I was waitlisted, not sure will ever be offered admission.

7 hours ago, foxcarnival said:

Claiming an admit from the waitlist at UIUC! I'll be accepting the offer shortly. I'm so excited to begin my graduate work and thankful for the chance to do it in a department that's such a good fit for me and my interests.

Congratulations! Can I ask your subfield? Thanks!