2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

3 hours ago, Professoreire said:

Anyone reject an offer from Syracuse? Waitlisted for IR and would much appreciate it. 

Hey! I did a couple of days ago. Putting in the official paperwork today, so hopefully an offer comes your way. I am IR. This was a really tough decision because Syracuse is such a great school. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, heyheyheyheyhey said:

Hey! I did a couple of days ago. Putting in the official paperwork today, so hopefully an offer comes your way. I am IR. This was a really tough decision because Syracuse is such a great school. Good luck! 

Where are you going instead, if I may ask?

Just wondering if there's any more UT Austin admits who have rejected their offers for IR or may be doing so in the coming days? 

The waiting period is really getting worse and more brutal as days pass. 

Hi all! If anyone received the fellowship at Ohio State and plans to decline their offer, please let the department know as soon as possible. OSU is my top choice and I would love to be there next Fall. Thank you!

For anyone who has been waitlisted at UGA, yesterday I got an email saying that if any additional funding offer comes, it won't come before June or July. Don't know if that applies to everyone but just wanted to let you all know.

10 hours ago, annod said:

Claiming University of Oxford - MPhil Comparative Government rejection. Honestly so bummed that I didn't get in, didn't even get waitlisted :( 

Hi may i ask if you got an email or checked the portal yourself? Thanks a lot!

Also, did anyone hear anything about MPhil in PolTheory?

3 hours ago, HolyGinger said:

For anyone who has been waitlisted at UGA, yesterday I got an email saying that if any additional funding offer comes, it won't come before June or July. Don't know if that applies to everyone but just wanted to let you all know.

Hello, I have been also waitlisted at UGA and I did not receive any email you mentioned. I don't know what is happening...  :( May I ask you what your subfield is? I also wonder whether you asked them first or UGA sent you a notifying email. 

Edited by surprisebong

5 hours ago, surprisebong said:

Hello, I have been also waitlisted at UGA and I did not receive any email you mentioned. I don't know what is happening...  :( May I ask you what your subfield is? I also wonder whether you asked them first or UGA sent you a notifying email. 

Hey! I reached them out about when they might send another round of offers because I already have a standing offer. They said " At this time, we have awarded all the funding that we're likely to have this year. We will not know about additional last-minute funding until June or July." But I don't know this applies to everyone or they just said this so that I'll accept my other offer rather than waiting on UGA's list. My subfield is IR.

11 hours ago, verschiedene said:

Hi may i ask if you got an email or checked the portal yourself? Thanks a lot!

Also, did anyone hear anything about MPhil in PolTheory?

Hey! I got an email and it was a very generic letter of rejection. It was sent out to me at 4am UK time which I thought was real weird. 

A note for the waitlisted: there is often a ton of movement in the week or so before the decision deadline (April 15), as there are always folks who wait until the last minute to turn down offers. I know it's agonizing, but remember: nothing's set in stone until the deadline has passed.

Claiming a New School for Social Research (NSSR) acceptance. Applied for the master's program, offered full tuition in master's and PhD programs- 7 years of support. Waiting for details on CUNY offer (accepted but haven't received official offer from admissions), not totally sure what I will do. Unreal! Very happy.