2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

9 minutes ago, BrownSugar said:

Perhaps you or someone else currently located in the US can call? No one claimed the earlier admit either, so I’d be cautious to think it’s real.

Yeah I mean the one today seems more legit - had more details. I think I'll wait it out the rest of the week for sure before calling, but if I see some more results posted and I don't hear anything then I might inquire. 

2 hours ago, PolNerd said:

Guys, I just spoke to the NW Political Science. No results have been released. I repeat no results have been released by that department. They are hoping to have admission decisions the week of Feb 15th because they are dealing with increased applications this cycle. 

All the decisions posted on the results page for NW and that one person who claimed one here are all trolling. SMH.

Wow this post just helps me breathe easier. 

1 hour ago, jjiffy said:

I reached out to the OSU DSG yesterday and she got back to me quickly via email. She said they are working on sending out official emails to all admits but they'll have to wait until mid February to hear back from the University-wide funding competition. At least it means that the acceptance on the portal wasn't a glitch...which was something my anxiety-riddled mind had started to worry about!

Is it safe to assume then that by now if my portal says "Pending" it'll probably be a reject?

4 minutes ago, nivy25 said:

Is it safe to assume then that by now if my portal says "Pending" it'll probably be a reject?

I can't say for sure but I would bet so.  Sorry :( We are still early in the season though, so have hope!

Long time lurker, first time poster. How are people feeling about the Berkeley situation? From what I understand no one has claimed those acceptances they said happened through phone call still, right? Does anyone know if they've done acceptances through phone before (I haven't heard of that happening in the past but this is definitely a weird year for everything)?  Is there still hope? Am I being The Most™️t (yes)?

6 minutes ago, MongoMango412 said:

Hey y'all. New here. Anyone got interview invitations from UCSD? (I didn't, just checking)

Not a peep from UCSD for me yet
there was an acceptance on the results page but p sure its a troll
based on previous years it seems UCSD doesnt really release decisions til early feb so fingers crossed

Edited by spotted
typo

Just now, spotted said:

Not a peep from UCSD for me yet
there was an acceptance on the results page but p sure its a troll
based on previous years it seems UCD doesnt really release decisions til early feb so fingers crossed

Fingers crossed...

13 minutes ago, rainydaze said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. How are people feeling about the Berkeley situation? From what I understand no one has claimed those acceptances they said happened through phone call still, right? Does anyone know if they've done acceptances through phone before (I haven't heard of that happening in the past but this is definitely a weird year for everything)?  Is there still hope? Am I being The Most™️t (yes)?

I would err on the side of those entries being fake.

Just now, icemanyeo said:

As more decisions come in, it's getting so hard to just sit down and wait, even though that's all I can do right now.

I’m guessing quite a few more will be coming in from next week since it’s then Feb...! So hard waiting. 

29 minutes ago, rainydaze said:

1) UC Berkeley is at GMT-8, so take that into consideration.

2) Historically, it seems that rejections happen either on the same day as the acceptances or on the very next day. If the posted results are true, acceptances would come today and rejections tomorrow. Either way, we won’t have to wait for too long to find out.

36 minutes ago, scarletwitch said:

I’m guessing quite a few more will be coming in from next week since it’s then Feb...! So hard waiting. 

Honestly, I just want to hear from one institution that I got in -- I don't care about hearing from my remaining apps after that, because my heart will be at peace.

Edited by icemanyeo

25 minutes ago, BrownSugar said:

This is what I keep telling myself so I don’t feel anxious this week. 

Staying busy writing and watching netflix is what's keeping me sane this week