2021 Cycle

cec2021

7 minutes ago, PopStudies said:

I actually had a moment of panic from UCI today when their financial aid office emailed me about my aid app, but "NOTE:  This notification is intended to inform you of your financial aid application status only and does not imply acceptance for admission." I am in solidarity with everyone waiting in Limbo for notices. It's definitely not my definition of fun.

I despise getting emails from programs that aren't related to my application in any way. I applied to GMU's conflict PhD program and got a random email two weeks ago for a marketing survey but the subject line was misleading and I got excited for nothing. Also, anyone else getting ads for the schools they looked at/applied to? My fav is getting ads for the one program I was already rejected from (lol freaking algorithms) 

Here's to next week giving us all good news- offers and funding!

17 hours ago, sluggerotoole said:

I'm wondering the same thing re: UC Riverside! 

I just received an email from the Graduate Program Assistant. They are still reviewing applications and should be done next week. However, not sure if that means we'll hear from them next week. It seems like the process for sending out decisions is a bit longer this year.

10 hours ago, LMSoc said:

I despise getting emails from programs that aren't related to my application in any way. I applied to GMU's conflict PhD program and got a random email two weeks ago for a marketing survey but the subject line was misleading and I got excited for nothing. Also, anyone else getting ads for the schools they looked at/applied to? My fav is getting ads for the one program I was already rejected from (lol freaking algorithms) 

Here's to next week giving us all good news- offers and funding!

Let's all stay hopeful! Next week definitely feels like a big one on decisions. Whenever in doubt, take a deep breath and smile!

2 hours ago, SleeplessInSomewhere said:

Same here! Last year they accepted six students, I bet it's even less this year :(

Does anyone know if Stanford will update the decision status on the application page? Or will we just be obsessively checking email all day?

14 minutes ago, socapp21 said:

It seems odd for acceptances or rejections to come out on a Saturday. I'm skeptical unless someone can claim the Stanford acceptances?

I can't vouch for the Stanford acceptance, but I received an acceptance from Rutgers last Saturday so it is possible. Best of luck!

Edited by centauri123

2 hours ago, sgrad23 said:

Does anybody know when Indiana or Duke will send out accpetances? Also wondering when UNC will send out official rejections since I've already seen a few acceptances 

I believe a previous poster said Duke decisions should be made by mid-February. Based off previous years, they usually send out decisions within the first week of Feb so I'm hopinggggg that we hear back sometime next week. This wait is horribly agonizing. 

11 hours ago, sippingjoy said:

I just received an email from the Graduate Program Assistant. They are still reviewing applications and should be done next week. However, not sure if that means we'll hear from them next week. It seems like the process for sending out decisions is a bit longer this year.

Thanks for sharing! Hopefully we'll hear next week ?

Hey everyone! Crazy times...I was wondering if anyone has any insight into the timelines for the University of Michigan joint PHD in public policy and sociology or the Harvard joint degree in sociology and social policy. Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, cuppacoffee said:

Hey everyone! Crazy times...I was wondering if anyone has any insight into the timelines for the University of Michigan joint PHD in public policy and sociology or the Harvard joint degree in sociology and social policy. Thanks in advance!

Harvard sent out letters last year on the 16th or 17th, so around mid Feb?

Although honestly I don't think anyone can provide an accurate timeline unless they've spoken to the admissions coordinator