2021 Cycle

cec2021

So the stress of waiting has compelled me to create a gradcafe account lol.  To be honest just looking for community because waiting is currently destroying my nerves.  My hopes are a bit dismal as I see this site and rolling acceptance posts, but fingers are crossed.

Currently waiting for rejections (or praying for an acceptance?) to these schools:

UCI

USC

UCBerkeley

UCSD

Pennstate

UCRiverside  

As someone already said already, just reject me already if that's the case lmao (or my favorite, just step on my neck already).  Anyhoo for anyone out there just as anxious, wishing yall the best and hang in there!!! ?

4 minutes ago, Sq1990 said:

Currently waiting for rejections (or praying for an acceptance?) to these schools:

UCI

USC

UCBerkeley

UCSD

Pennstate

UCRiverside  

My list is very similar to yours... Apparently, the UC's hate me haha

I'm also waiting for a rejection letter from Univ of Washington.

8 hours ago, SleeplessInSomewhere said:

So Yale already did interviews?:(

I believe so (at least most interviews should be done by now). Judging by past posts, decisions were usually made ~2 weeks afterwards. Also seemed like the interview invites this year were not all sent out on the same day so the process might be slightly different. 

1 hour ago, gforgreat said:

Got my first acceptance letter today! I feel like I can finally sleep in peace. But I am anticipating 5 rejections based on the acceptance updates I saw on here. I just want them to lmk already.

Congrats! Where did you get in?

1 minute ago, gforgreat said:

Thank you! I got into UAlbany! I received an email from the graduate director this morning. 

Words! Damn that is one of my top choices! Congratulations again! Do you happen to know if they sent out all the acceptances?

15 minutes ago, FrigidSky701 said:

Words! Damn that is one of my top choices! Congratulations again! Do you happen to know if they sent out all the acceptances?

I re-read both the email and official letter, but I couldn't find any information regarding how many or if all acceptances are sent out. I'm sorry I don't have any helpful information for you ?

4 minutes ago, gforgreat said:

I re-read both the email and official letter, but I couldn't find any information regarding how many or if all acceptances are sent out. I'm sorry I don't have any helpful information for you ?

It's okay! Thank you! Now I will cry myself to sleep!

1 hour ago, Sq1990 said:

So the stress of waiting has compelled me to create a gradcafe account lol.  To be honest just looking for community because waiting is currently destroying my nerves.  My hopes are a bit dismal as I see this site and rolling acceptance posts, but fingers are crossed.

UCI

USC

UCBerkeley

UCSD

Pennstate

UCRiverside  

As someone already said already, just reject me already if that's the case lmao (or my favorite, just step on my neck already).  Anyhoo for anyone out there just as anxious, wishing yall the best and hang in there!!! ?

I wouldn’t worry about Riverside yet...I don’t think anyone’s heard from them!

3 hours ago, 78iooi said:

Anyone claiming UCSD acceptance? It seems that they tend to send out all the offers on the same day. I did not receive any email today so I am assuming I would be rejected...

Yes, I was accepted! I'm not sure about their process of sending out acceptances. Still waiting for funding info.

15 hours ago, 78iooi said:

Anyone claiming UCSD acceptance? It seems that they tend to send out all the offers on the same day. I did not receive any email today so I am assuming I would be rejected...

I didn't post the UCSD acceptance, but I also received one the same day. 

9 minutes ago, nicolesaparty said:

yes that was my post lol I was just hoping against hope someone had heard something! So sick of waiting.

I also emailed the administrator and got the same response - might check with my POI today too. Keep you posted!

I applied to Columbia's MA sociology program and haven't heard back from them. I know they paused their PhD, but the MA program remained open.. now i'm wondering if I was wrong? Did anyone else apply to Columbia's MA program?