2021 Cycle

cec2021

This is what he said;

It's no bother at all. As I mentioned in our conversation, the process is complicated this year. We have indeed sent out some offers, but we also anticipate movement that would lead to additional offers being made. So, our admissions process has by no means concluded, and you are still definitely under consideration here. We should be able to provide you with more detailed information in the next week or so. I apologize for the opacity and complexity. Don't hesitate to reach out with other questions or concerns. I'll address them all as best I can at this time. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

best of luck to us all ????

Just now, socapp21 said:

Whew! Thanks for coming through with the update so quickly. I hope you're accepted just on the merit of reconnaissance.

Also a good reminder that this cycle (and next one) will be particularly challenging in terms of funding and over subscription. Fingers crossed! ?

I know, I’m hoping his quick reply is a sign lol!!! Praying for us!!! 

21 minutes ago, FrigidSky701 said:

Looks like next week will be the real deal for a lot of people. Sending good vibes to everyone reading this post.

I hope so! I have just the one virtual visit/interview so far, which I'm thankful for, but I just want to find out about the rest! 

Good luck to everyone :)

I woke up to an email from UAlbany, got really anxious because I saw the title "General Application Material," and it turned out to be an invitation to a webinar. Albany has been teasing me lately with their invitations to virtual grad student meetup, and now this? Come on.

9 minutes ago, thenerdysociologist said:

Has anyone heard from UConn? I am having a hard time trusting the Results page unless I see multiple similar results in a day?

I was the one who posted today about a quasi-acceptance. I was actually hoping to see how many people received a similar email so that I know what my chances are. The email did definitely say no final decisions will be made until they know how many applicants they can admit- which will be late March/early April at the latest. 

Just now, WhyGeorgia said:

I was the one who posted today about a quasi-acceptance. I was actually hoping to see how many people received a similar email so that I know what my chances are. The email did definitely say no final decisions will be made until they know how many applicants they can admit- which will be late March/early April at the latest. 

hmmmm well that good for you! Fingers crossed I will hear something, but if not oh well. I hate the idea of waiting that long for a substantial decision. You would have thought a lot of this programs were more aware of their financial standings when accepting applications and such!

So essentially it was a "yeah we want you, but we cant officially say so until we know if we can support you"?

3 minutes ago, thenerdysociologist said:

hmmmm well that good for you! Fingers crossed I will hear something, but if not oh well. I hate the idea of waiting that long for a substantial decision. You would have thought a lot of this programs were more aware of their financial standings when accepting applications and such!

So essentially it was a "yeah we want you, but we cant officially say so until we know if we can support you"?

Yeah, exactly! She also said they are still in the process of reviewing some applications so it's still really anyone's game. They seemed really open to questions so I think you could definitely email them for an update. 

Just now, WhyGeorgia said:

Yeah, exactly! She also said they are still in the process of reviewing some applications so it's still really anyone's game. They seemed really open to questions so I think you could definitely email them for an update. 

I will probably send an email early next week! most of the places (like uconn) that i applied to had deadlines of Jan.15th so I figure they are still deciding but dang the waiting sucks! haha 

hoping good things for the both of us!

3 minutes ago, nicolesaparty said:

Has anybody NOT heard anything from Boston college? I’ve seen rejections and acceptances but it’s been radio silence for me...

I got a big old fat rejection from Boston College. It was a generic email to check the portal.