2021 Cycle

cec2021

FYI to those who were interviewed by CUNY:

They have finished finalizing the list of students they intend to extend offers to, are waiting on final approval from the administration and will be sending offers out early next week 

Edited by SleeplessInSomewhere

8 minutes ago, SleeplessInSomewhere said:

FYI to those who were interviewed by CUNY:

They have finished finalizing the list of students they intend to extend offers to, are waiting on final approval from the administration and will be sending offers out early next week 

Do you know if they only extend the offer to the people who they interviewed?

8 hours ago, iamlia said:

Haha no worries!! Thanks for letting me know! And congrats on getting the interview!!! Best of luck for it. Did you only apply to the program in Shanghai or solo in NY?

In Shanghai. Students of the program will spend their first year in NYC and then go back to Shanghai for conducting research - this is what I learnt from the page of the sociology department

7 hours ago, Rémy888 said:

Hi USC replied to me “Thank you for your interest in USC Sociology.  We are still processing applications and anticipate sending out notices within the next week.”

Thank you for sharing this! I made a profile to see if I could get further information on this. That USC admit post threw me off haha.

Edited by sippingjoy

7 hours ago, FrigidSky701 said:

Do you know if they only extend the offer to the people who they interviewed?

I'm assuming that is the case, because it would be rather unfair to extend an offer to someone who didn't go through the interview process and for example reject someone else who did. But I would recommend you email them just to make sure and get a definite answer.

8 hours ago, SleeplessInSomewhere said:

I'm assuming that is the case, because it would be rather unfair to extend an offer to someone who didn't go through the interview process and for example reject someone else who did. But I would recommend you email them just to make sure and get a definite answer.

Sounds about right, but I just wanted to confirm this because I have seen people get accepted even with no interview. Thank you for the information!

20 minutes ago, FrigidSky701 said:

Sounds about right, but I just wanted to confirm this because I have seen people get accepted even with no interview. Thank you for the information!

If someone gets accepted without an interview then the department would not have done interviews in general... do you mean you know of someone who got accepted at a place that did interviews without having to do one himself/herself? if so, I'd be really curious to know where this happened

2 hours ago, SleeplessInSomewhere said:

If someone gets accepted without an interview then the department would not have done interviews in general... do you mean you know of someone who got accepted at a place that did interviews without having to do one himself/herself? if so, I'd be really curious to know where this happened

I don't know for sure, as he did not tell me what school he was accepted to, but he did say that he was not interviewed but got acceptance. This was a couple of years ago so it may not necessarily apply to this cycle. Anyway, I sent the email to CUNY Sociology department to inquire about interview and admissions to make sure about what I asked you.

Hey y'all! Congrats to those who have received acceptances. For those who are still waiting or waitlisted, like myself, I'm sending positive vibes and good thoughts! 

I am wondering if anyone applied to UC Davis, Riverside, or San Diego? Is anyone familiar with admission procedures or have any news about when prospective students might hear back? Thanks!

8 minutes ago, icedlatte00 said:

Just heard back today! got an unofficial acceptance about 2 weeks after interviewing. Best of luck!

Hi thank you for replying. I was interviewed on the 26th and GW (interviewer initials) said it would be 2-3 weeks and a letter with a funding offer would be emailed. Were you told the same thing? I’m going crazy. 

3 minutes ago, nicolesaparty said:

Hi thank you for replying. I was interviewed on the 26th and GW (interviewer initials) said it would be 2-3 weeks and a letter with a funding offer would be emailed. Were you told the same thing? I’m going crazy. 

yes, same here - I was told it could be up to a month because the graduate school had to process the department's decisions, but today the letter I got was unofficial, from the department itself.

1 minute ago, socapp21 said:

I also interviewed at Chicago last week and was told 2-3 weeks, but seems like they've sent out unofficial offers sooner...didn't get one :( Based on past years, it looks like most of the acceptances are sent out in one day.

Do you think it would be appropriate to email the professor I interviewed with? I honestly can’t believe it my interview went so well...

1 minute ago, nicolesaparty said:

Do you think it would be appropriate to email the professor I interviewed with? I honestly can’t believe it my interview went so well...

I was debating the same thing. Might be worthwhile to check and see if he/she/they know if all the offers have gone out, and gives you an opportunity to also ask for feedback if your application wasn't successful. Keep us posted if you do!

2 minutes ago, socapp21 said:

I was debating the same thing. Might be worthwhile to check and see if he/she/they know if all the offers have gone out, and gives you an opportunity to also ask for feedback if your application wasn't successful. Keep us posted if you do!

I just don’t want to seem weird lol but I am going to. Screw it. I will keep you updated!