The Positivity Thread

PokePsych

Last day of full-time work is on Monday. I'm sad to leave, but I've come to see that as a good thing - I am lucky to have had the colleagues and professional experiences that I have had. I will definitely be dropping by from time to time once my PhD gets underway. 

After years of putting off driving due to anxiety disorders, I finally got my drivers permit today. Passed the test on my first try after a month of study. :) I know once I get the full license it will open doors to travel and jobs I've previously had to pass due to listing the license as a requirement. It will make life a little bit easier in general!

I finally recorded a voice message on my work phone voicemail (which is important in case potential participants call for research study info), and I didn't completely shudder at the sound of my own voice on the playback! Small victories :lol:

I ate a huge bowl of fruits (super healthy!), was very productive in terms of academic work and scholarships applications. Tomorrow, I am going to see a very interesting movie on black women in France and am probably going to write an article for the school newspaper on it. Today was a good day.