2018 Acceptances

37 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Won a Graduate College Distinguished Fellowship from Illinois. 

I don't know what to do. :(

Awww yaaaay!!!!!! I don’t know what that means but yaaaaaaay!

Been an absolutely ridiculous last three hours: I'm in a strange time zone for vacation right now and I got a call from my top top top favourite program Princeton at 3 in the morning, subsequently can't fall back asleep, then checked email and found out a UPenn rejection in the next hour, tried to fall asleep again, and was waken up by a call from Rutgers, and now it's 6 in the morning. 

37 minutes ago, colin_cloute said:

Been an absolutely ridiculous last three hours: I'm in a strange time zone for vacation right now and I got a call from my top top top favourite program Princeton at 3 in the morning, subsequently can't fall back asleep, then checked email and found out a UPenn rejection in the next hour, tried to fall asleep again, and was waken up by a call from Rutgers, and now it's 6 in the morning. 

Jeez, that's quite a roller coaster! Have you gotten to chat with Princeton and Rutgers?! I'm sure it's great news!

Hey, everyone! Sorry I've missed you all over the last couple days. We've been in panic mode at work for the last week, so I haven't had as much time to be on the forum. 

So, first, a huge congrats to @Mandasplaining, @Isocrates2.o, @bigfluffybearcat, @bpilgrim89, @E. Coronaria, @Zooks, @Mellowyellow, @chouette, @Noire et Étrange, @OceansAreBlue, @Warelin, @LeeLeeCzechIrish, @Kilos, @Melville, @colin_cloute, and all the others who've received good news while I've been gone! 

Second, I just want to say how proud I am of you all! It makes me more happy than you could possibly know to see that your hard work, dedication, and passion have paid off in such fantastic ways! 

Also, to those of you who are still waiting on good news, keep the hope alive! I'm sending all my good vibes to each of you! Remember: like pregnancy, it takes only one acceptance to get things going! So, from now until April 15, my fingers will be continually crossed (but don't expect too many posts from me because, you know, typing...). 

Anyway, I think one of my coworkers is trying to douse the place is gasoline, so I should probably take care of that. Peace, and keep the acceptances up, my friends! 

11 hours ago, Crow T. Robot said:

This is a little late but I GOT INTO STANFORD MODERN THOUGHT AND LITERATURE!!!!!

MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is super amazing! (And feel free to turn down Brown so we can get off this imagined invisible waitlist that we’ve decided we’re on lol.)

7 hours ago, chouette said:

I'm honestly so scared to even post this because I'm paranoid that they made some kind of clerical error but..... I was just admitted to Michigan off the waitlist?!!!! ?!!!! Talk about a wild Friday night!

Holy cow! That seems so fast to get off a waitlist—someone must have gotten into Berkeley or something! CONGRATULATIONS!!! YAYYYYYY

Also now praying that your quick turnaround off the waitlist rubs off on us!

11 minutes ago, Warelin said:

@Melville: My e-mail didn't mention anything about a Welcome Weekend. Later in the day, the DGS e-mailed requesting to set up a time to talk and discuss the program. 

OK. Thank you. If you happen to hear about some shin-dig there please let me know (just in case I get off the wait-list).