Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

28 minutes ago, Psych1234 said:

Did anyone else hear from UToledo or Penn State for clinical psych? I saw some posts on the results page, and the current state of mood is anxiously excited. ?

I've received an interview invite from UToledo for clinical, though I didn't see anyone else post about it on the results page yet.

10 hours ago, youngqueerliving said:

I've applied to clinical psych PhD programs, and I've just received an invitation to interview. In the email, the sender said that I could send the DCT or my chosen faculty advisor any questions I might have about the program before interview day. There's a separate person to contact about travel and scheduling, so I'm not really sure what sorts of questions I would have or am supposed to have. Any thoughts? 

http://mitch.web.unc.edu/files/2017/02/MitchGradSchoolAdvice.pdf

Asking questions to your potential advisor is an important step of the process! Check out pages 30-31 of this document for some great ideas and I’m sure more will come to you :) Congrats on your interview!

55 minutes ago, ItsExistential said:

Has anyone heard from Bowling Green, UC Santa Barbara, or Notre Dame? They sent interview invitations out this time last year, but I haven't seen anything on the results page. 

Looks like someone just posted a result for UCSB. If it was you, would you mind letting me know what concentration you are applying to, or your POI? ?

14 hours ago, hopefulgrad2019 said:

Has anyone heard from Florida yet? 

I received an email around the time applications were due (had a snafu with one of my transcripts) and the department admin said we would know if we got an interview by the 21st.  Tracking previous years on the Results page, it looks like we should hear in the next couple of days.  (Not sure what program you applied to, but I applied to Clinical Child Health track).  Anxiously checking my email!

1 hour ago, ItsExistential said:

Looks like someone just posted a result for UCSB. If it was you, would you mind letting me know what concentration you are applying to, or your POI? ?

I didn’t see anyone post about UCSB? Anyone know anything or hear anything from UCSB clinical?

1 minute ago, rosesandrecords said:

I received an email around the time applications were due (had a snafu with one of my transcripts) and the department admin said we would know if we got an interview by the 21st.  Tracking previous years on the Results page, it looks like we should hear in the next couple of days.  (Not sure what program you applied to, but I applied to Clinical Child Health track).  Anxiously checking my email!

I got the same email because same thing about my transcript (ha). It's one of my top choices so anxiously awaiting! I applied to Clinical Adult Health track. 

Just now, TrustingTheProcess said:

There is a set of schools that supposedly are going to send out their interview invites by Dec 21st. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trying not to frantically check my email constantly!

What schools and what programs?

3 minutes ago, PsychGal said:

I didn’t see anyone post about UCSB? Anyone know anything or hear anything from UCSB clinical?

It's on the results page. They just said "Psychology" and didn't clarify which concentration. I applied to clinical as well. 

3 hours ago, ItsExistential said:

Has anyone heard from Bowling Green, UC Santa Barbara, or Notre Dame? They sent interview invitations out this time last year, but I haven't seen anything on the results page. 

Sending you a dm!

Question: I have been invited to an interview at UC Berkeley (neuroscience, not psych). I live on the east coast and flying to the west coast is a bit rough. Stanford Psych has not released their interview invites yet, and likely won't until mid-January. Stanford Psych's interview date is right after Berkeley. Berkeley wants me to book the flight before the new year, but I want to wait until I know whether I will be invited to Stanford. Should I ask Berkeley if I can wait until a few weeks later to book the flight? Should I call Stanford and say "I will be in the area... "? Thoughts? 

26 minutes ago, sendmeadvice said:

Question: I have been invited to an interview at UC Berkeley (neuroscience, not psych). I live on the east coast and flying to the west coast is a bit rough. Stanford Psych has not released their interview invites yet, and likely won't until mid-January. Stanford Psych's interview date is right after Berkeley. Berkeley wants me to book the flight before the new year, but I want to wait until I know whether I will be invited to Stanford. Should I ask Berkeley if I can wait until a few weeks later to book the flight? Should I call Stanford and say "I will be in the area... "? Thoughts? 

How soon after is Stanford’s interview weekend? Perhaps, you can just book those days anyway and if you don’t get an invite from Stanford, you can take in some sights in San Fran. You could always ask Berkeley if you could have a few weeks to arrange your flights but I wouldn’t call Stanford.

26 minutes ago, sendmeadvice said:

Congrats on Berkeley! Hope you ace their interview! Is it possible for you to book the tickets but make the return ticket flexi? Living in Singapore I'll be flying more than a day to reach Cali for my interview at Irvine. Though I haven't heard back from any other school, I'll be booking my tickets with my return date flexible instead (it is more expensive, but less so than flying again).

Does anybody else have high GRE scores in one subject but really low scores in another? Do any schools use a combined score? Do lots of schools have official cutoffs? Not sure what to expect

Edited by YONO (You only need one)