Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

On 12/4/2018 at 2:53 PM, psychapplicant500 said:

Skype interview with University of Miami, received an email from POI.

What do skype interviews mean? Is this in place of in-person, or is this a preliminary interview to determine whether or not they would like to meet in person?

can you dm me your POI?

13 hours ago, davidfreire20 said:

Same I would love to know if it was clinical or not because UNC is one I applied to if you could post the initials if you're comfortable with that 

I don't think it's UNC clinical psych because they posted that the interview they were invited to will be held on Feb 1st. UNC's clinical interview day is Feb 8th.

So was looking over in the Social Psych thread, and the person who posted about the UNC interview was for a Skype interview with PI. So, not sure what program they are in, but it's safe to say (in my opinion) that UNC is not done sending out invites, since that Skype interview would be the same day as social / just 1 week before the other areas, so seems unlikely that that is telling of formal interview invite status.

On 12/12/2018 at 5:02 PM, DevelopingThoughts said:

So I was anxious and decided to do a mass email to be POIs I reached out to over the summer/early fall about my status, here are my mix of results 

Stanford: “We should be done reviewing by mid-January”

NYU: “We are in the middle of reviewing applicants, youll have an update ‘soon’ “

Minnesota: “The applications have filtered our way to us faculty, I will be reviewing them soon. best of luck!” (Glad to know I made the filter haha)

Yale: “Thanks for the update! You’ll hear from me soon”

Michigan: “Expect to hear from me by the end of the week” 

UCSD: “Don’t worry, the other UCs are much faster than us (I referenced how other UCs are sending invites already)”

If you don’t mind sharing the initials of your POI at Michigan I would love to know. Is it for developmental psych? Do you think they meant they’d be scheduling an interview? 

Did anyone apply to Stanford? My application says incomplete, missing official transcripts, but I could swear I only had to upload unofficial ones, and that it said complete when I submitted. I’m just wondering if they just don’t update their portal, or if my application was never looked at because it’s considered incomplete. Did you have to upload official transcripts in the application?

15 minutes ago, Psyhopeful said:

Did anyone apply to Stanford? My application says incomplete, missing official transcripts, but I could swear I only had to upload unofficial ones, and that it said complete when I submitted. I’m just wondering if they just don’t update their portal, or if my application was never looked at because it’s considered incomplete. Did you have to upload official transcripts in the application?

I applied to Stanford! I sent in unofficial and official. It says "received" for unofficial, but it doesn't look like they received my official ones either. I didn't upload official to the application since if it's in your possession it's no longer considered official, so it wouldn't be possible. I sent it from my university and I got a notification from my university saying that Stanford had received it, so I'm not too worried about it. They may just not update. I also haven't heard from anyone yet on Stanford reviewing applicants yet. I might give them a call on Monday just to make sure though.

8 minutes ago, socneuro said:

I applied to Stanford! I sent in unofficial and official. It says "received" for unofficial, but it doesn't look like they received my official ones either. I didn't upload official to the application since if it's in your possession it's no longer considered official, so it wouldn't be possible. I sent it from my university and I got a notification from my university saying that Stanford had received it, so I'm not too worried about it. They may just not update. I also haven't heard from anyone yet on Stanford reviewing applicants yet. I might give them a call on Monday just to make sure though.

Hmm... that was my first app and I was in a hurry. I think I thought they only needed official if you were admitted. I looked through last year’s posts and it looks like the earliest people were hearing was right around the new year. They just scared me with that whole we will not review your app if it’s not complete. I guess I’ll send the official transcripts just in case. Thanks!

Hey all! ?

I'm a little late joining this thread but I'm currently in the MA in Counselling Psych at McGill University in Montreal, CA. I'm happy to answer any questions if anyone applied to this department or the Psychology department.

I myself applied to McGill Clinical, McGill Counselling, and uOttawa Clinical (French Stream) ??. Any fellow Canadians or applicants to Canadian schools? I haven't written the GRE and really wanted to avoid it if possible so I'm taking my chances and applying only to these programs this year. I'll write the GRE over the summer and try again if I must!

Good luck all!

7 minutes ago, Piagets#1Fan said:

Hey all! ?

I'm a little late joining this thread but I'm currently in the MA in Counselling Psych at McGill University in Montreal, CA. I'm happy to answer any questions if anyone applied to this department or the Psychology department.

I myself applied to McGill Clinical, McGill Counselling, and uOttawa Clinical (French Stream) ??. Any fellow Canadians or applicants to Canadian schools? I haven't written the GRE and really wanted to avoid it if possible so I'm taking my chances and applying only to these programs this year. I'll write the GRE over the summer and try again if I must!

Good luck all!

You might want to check out this thread: https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/112816-fall-2019-clinical-psychology-canadian-applicants it's a forum specifically for Canadian clinical psych applicants.

Good luck to you as well! 

Edited by Psych603

Does anyone know what "referred" means as a status on an app? One of my schools has had this for the last week. I'm assuming it just means "referred" to the program for review? But I'm trying to read every and any ounce of hope I can into it LOL.

• Application Processing Status: Referred - Your application has been referred for decision. The Deadline and Requirement Chart below outlines whether decisions are made by the program as they are received or as a group after the published deadline. 

I've applied to clinical psych PhD programs, and I've just received an invitation to interview. In the email, the sender said that I could send the DCT or my chosen faculty advisor any questions I might have about the program before interview day. There's a separate person to contact about travel and scheduling, so I'm not really sure what sorts of questions I would have or am supposed to have. Any thoughts?