MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

Hi all! First post on here.

I have been accepted to the University of Washington's sculpture program. Although I have noticed some previous postings about the program which seem to be a little alarming. Does anyone know anything about the program? Thanks! 

Edited by coffeequeen

1 hour ago, Karisjns said:

I don't remember how this worked last year.

Does financial aid come from two different areas of the University sometimes?

For example, I got a TA with a stipend and tuition remission via email from the director of the art department. I also got an email from the actual financial aid office from the University stating they received my FAFSA and to expect a financial aid package in the mail. 

Is it possible that I could get more funding outside of the art department from the University itself?

It's kind of a confusing question, I'm sorry!

I don’t think the financial aid office offers you anything other than standard, non-subsidized loans. The art department is probably where your tuition/GTA funding comes from. 

8 hours ago, MIRO. said:

Has anyone heard back from SAIC Printmedia after they had the interview?

Also, has RISD Printmaking contacted any printmaking applicants?

Still waiting to hear from RISD Printmaking 

58 minutes ago, yessi said:

ucla interdisciplinary studio MFA anyone??? haven't heard anything...

I'm waiting on it too, but assuming rejection at this point, since other departments already sent acceptances. I'm not sure how UCLA makes decisions, but other universities I've heard from involve all the faculty into the decision process (not just the concentration the candidate applied to), as they are balancing the cohort. It might be different for UCLA, though. 

1 hour ago, yessi said:

It's not interdisciplinary studio but I heard that results will come out within 2 weeks from UCLA Design Media Arts department.

1 hour ago, yessi said:

interdisciplinary studio acceptance has gone out, had a friend who got in. Hearing that it was one of the strongest application years

2 hours ago, yessi said:

Sorry that this is not about your question... Actually, I am writing this because I also applied to the Art Center this year, but I haven't heard anything from them. But you mentioned the Art Center that you did an interview in 3/4... If you are okay, may I ask you about the major you applied?

44 minutes ago, katkat said:

For anyone waiting to hear back, my friend just got into UCLA for the Design Media Arts program!

Oh! I also applied for DMA, and got accepted as well!! Horaaaaay! Maybe I will study with your friend!

1 hour ago, Nik2 said:

I just got accepted Cranbrook & UCLA!!!!!!!!!! with TA offer + little funding Holymolyohmydaysthanksgod

Congrats! Accepted by website, mail or email? 

25 minutes ago, colores said:

Congrats! Accepted by website, mail or email? 

I got offer letter via email. They said they will send official letter soon:)

I got my interview for Pratt tonight (unfortunately I have to take off work for it since all of the days are during my teaching hours) but nevertheless dope as fuck; a few of the staff stopped by my dorm at UIUC during undergrad 4 years ago so I'm looking to touch base with them again.  Still waiting on the new department heads of Cranbrook's Painting program to hit me up about their interviews/information though so hopefully I have more than one choice.

3 hours ago, Zander said:

interdisciplinary studio acceptance has gone out, had a friend who got in. Hearing that it was one of the strongest application years

T__T