MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

On 3/1/2019 at 4:29 PM, justaylor said:

Haha I’m not sure I did that successfully but here’s my email verbatim: 

“””My name is Abigail Taylor. I am emailing to inquire the status of my MFA graduate application. I have not heard anything from the school since January 25 and would love if you could let me know where the faculty stands and the process is? Thank you for your time and have a great day. 
Sincerely,
Taylor”””””

Hey, I'm sort of in a similar situation--I got sustained hits on my site from programs but did not receive invites. I feel like I was probably skipped over. I want to contact them and get an update; I'm just not 100% clear on who to contact.

Did you just email the graduate director?

thx!!

On 3/4/2019 at 7:07 AM, MIRO. said:

Has anyone heard back from SAIC Printmedia after they had the interview?

Also, has RISD Printmaking contacted any printmaking applicants?

I interviewed with SAIC Printmedia and was rejected via a letter in the mail this weekend! 

Accepted to University of Missouri today!

so far that leaves me with

Columbia College Chicago - accepted, no funding info yet

Missouri - accepted (funding info to be discussed)

University of Kentucky - rejected

University of South Florida - rejected

CalArts - no word yet (probably rejected, they do interviews and I haven't heard anything about one)

SVA - no word yet (my application got submitted late because of my references)

Ohio State - no word yet

Louisiana State University - no word yet 

anyone hear about funding info from Columbia?

On 3/4/2019 at 1:23 PM, Zander said:

My in-person Northwestern interview went well but their studios are very, very sad. After speaking with current students I have some concerns have been debating on withdrawing my application.

I interviewed there via skype and was considering it because the funding is so good. What did the students bring up? 

Just noticed on the Pratt website that their application deadline has been extended to 03/11. Has anyone heard anything from them or the waiting is just going to get indefinitely longer? Applied to the Communications Design program.

20 hours ago, mlem said:

has anyone heard back from UPenn or Berkeley post interview? 

I got an informal acceptance email from UPenn on 3/1. Had my interview with them on 2/13. Official acceptance letters will go out mid march

3 minutes ago, krvers said:

Got accepted by RCA Painting!!!! I also received an interview request from Goldsmiths Fine Art this morning!!!! Exciting!!!!

Congratulations! That is fantastic news! I feel like we were all in this together with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with your Goldsmith interview, that is some accomplishment already! ?

Hey everyone!!! I've been checking my mailbox 4 times a day these days, awaiting results from SAIC Photography MFA program. Anyone heard back from them yet? I am so curious. Is there a chance they skipped me or something? Should I reach out to them?

Thank youuu!

35 minutes ago, photogirl said:

Hey everyone!!! I've been checking my mailbox 4 times a day these days, awaiting results from SAIC Photography MFA program. Anyone heard back from them yet? I am so curious. Is there a chance they skipped me or something? Should I reach out to them?

Thank youuu!

yup, they contacted me a few days after my interview. 

15 minutes ago, chz&pcake said:

I received a rejection from UT Austin's Sculpture Dept. today BUT I got an acceptance letter from University of Michigan! yay!!!

I'm still waiting to hear anything back from CMU but I'm assuming it's a rejection at this point 

Congrats! The University of Michigan offers full funding +stipend. 

Just now, steesp said:

Congrats! The University of Michigan offers full funding +stipend. 

Thanks! I think the funding depends on the funding available to the department- or at least that's what I was told at National Portfolio Day? This year they accepted 8 people, 2 of the 8 get full funding and the rest are offered 75%. I got the 75% but I'm still really excited about the offer :)

1 minute ago, chz&pcake said:

Thanks! I think the funding depends on the funding available to the department- or at least that's what I was told at National Portfolio Day? This year they accepted 8 people, 2 of the 8 get full funding and the rest are offered 75%. I got the 75% but I'm still really excited about the offer :)

Really? I guess they changed it up a bit, last year they took in 5 candidates fully funded. 

2 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Just noticed on the Pratt website that their application deadline has been extended to 03/11. Has anyone heard anything from them or the waiting is just going to get indefinitely longer? Applied to the Communications Design program.

Pratt is the only school I haven't heard from. @fiowwn said last Wednesday that they have not heard from Pratt either.

Every other program will have made offers by the time they conduct interviews. I wonder what is going on?

2 hours ago, chz&pcake said:

I'm still waiting to hear anything back from CMU but I'm assuming it's a rejection at this point 

CMU interviews happened back in mid-February. I was told they are still finalizing decisions and funding offers over the next couple weeks.

Edited by warp

12 minutes ago, warp said:

CMU interviews happened back in mid-February. I was told they are still finalizing decisions and funding offers over the next couple weeks.

I also haven't heard from CMU - although it looked like a lot of people were rejected right off the bat back in early February. Not sure if there's any possibility left, but I'm assuming rejection too at this point. 

1 hour ago, afein said:

Pratt is the only school I haven't heard from. @fiowwn said last Wednesday that they have not heard from Pratt either.

Every other program will have made offers by the time they conduct interviews. I wonder what is going on?

i interviewed with pratt a few weeks ago, but i also applied at their original deadline, which was 1/5. (my portfolio/essay tightened up by the time the others were due, so it was a little frustrating, but. i digress) when did you submit to pratt? perhaps that has to do with it, and the order in which they get back to people.

additionally, does anyone know if UCLA always does interviews? i've heard the state system doesn't always. trying to gauge if i have much hope for that program if info is going out this week, lmao. 

3 hours ago, chz&pcake said:

I received a rejection from UT Austin's Sculpture Dept. today BUT I got an acceptance letter from University of Michigan! yay!!!

Congratulations!  Did they notify you by mail?  Or email?

1 hour ago, MIRO. said:

Got an acceptance letter from RISD's printmaking program today.

Congratulations!! Did they interview you? And did you receive notification via email? I'm still waiting to hear, so I'm guessing it's not so good news for me, this time around ?

Edited by Brittany0Kay

1 hour ago, beep beep said:

i interviewed with pratt a few weeks ago, but i also applied at their original deadline, which was 1/5. (my portfolio/essay tightened up by the time the others were due, so it was a little frustrating, but. i digress) when did you submit to pratt? perhaps that has to do with it, and the order in which they get back to people.

additionally, does anyone know if UCLA always does interviews? i've heard the state system doesn't always. trying to gauge if i have much hope for that program if info is going out this week, lmao. 

Did you apply for painting or communications design?