MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

28 minutes ago, justaylor said:

If anyone is waiting to hear from uMich I reached out the other day and got this messsage today. A bummer but unfortunately expected because I didn’t have an interview. 

2C324CF0-1906-4E29-A7AD-62D2A86B5657.jpeg

Not the best news, but it’s not a rejection so there is still a chance! 

9 minutes ago, Aatt said:

What no way, if it went well that’s a good sign, you prob will get in and if not getting an interview at Yale in and of itself is an accomplishment. I’m sure u did great! 

Ah thanks for saying that, well we'll find out soon enough! I'll definitely keep you all posted 

8 hours ago, caffeine lurker said:

Anybody interviewing for Royal College of Art??? 

I did interviews from sculpture three weeks ago and painting two days ago, but no responses so far. The painting interview went pretty well which was surprising for me, and they said RCA painting was not that conservative compared to 20 years ago. Which one did you apply? 

10 hours ago, Aatt said:

Sorry :( you got some interviews with other great schools so far though!  You had a MICA interview right? How did that go? I think they are meeting tomorrow after they finish interviews to decide, so we should find out soon after that 

Yes, MICA. That's a very enjoyable conversation. As far as I know, they will discuss the results on Friday. So maybe next week, we will get the final decision. Hope we can all get the offer.

7 hours ago, JadeySheng said:

Thanks! That's comforting to know haha! And best of luck to you! Is it your top choice?

well, my first choice is FIT, though I didn't receive any interview so far. I think I will go to SAIC if I have the offer.

btw,I just received the message that I have a DHL package from SAIC. I hope this is my MFA offer!!! ??

Anxiously waiting for my financial aid package for the University at Buffalo. 

Anyone else in the same waiting phase? It's almost as nerve wracking as waiting for the acceptance lol. 

Edited by Karisjns

10 hours ago, caffeine lurker said:

Anybody interviewing for Royal College of Art??? 

I had my RCA graduate diploma interview on this Monday, and got the offer yesterday. one of my friend she had MA interview yesterday, normally RCA need 1-2 week to make a decision

23 hours ago, JadeySheng said:

Had my interview with the VisCom department in SAIC 11 days ago, and they told me I should know the results in two to three weeks, but it has been extremely anxiety inducing for me since I heard other departments like painting and printmaking are already sending out results. Fingers crossed.

If there are any viscom peeps or graphic design MFA applicants here let me know!!! 

Hey,I have got SAIC notification on Monday, Maybe, take it time, and write a thank letter to see what happed. 

On 2/23/2019 at 3:25 AM, Aatt said:

Just got an email for a Graphic Design  interview at SVA! Anyone else apply there? 

Hey, what program did you apply for at SVA? I don't see a Graphic design course in here, hence didn't apply and curious. Same with Parsons. ?

Screenshot 2019-03-01 at 9.43.12 AM.png

Edited by Pallavi.Daga

6 minutes ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Hey, what program did you apply for at SVA? I don't see a Graphic design course in here, hence didn't apply and curious. Same with Parsons. ?

Screenshot 2019-03-01 at 9.43.12 AM.png

Mfa Design 

3 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

I wish I knew this earlier. Have you applied to Parsons too?

All the best for your interview, though. :)

Nope, sva is the only school in New York I applied to. Did you apply to parsons? Same to you best of luck with your interviews! 

1 hour ago, Aatt said:

Nope, sva is the only school in New York I applied to. Did you apply to parsons? Same to you best of luck with your interviews! 

Okay! No, I saw that there's no MFA program but an AAS program offered in Graphic Design at Parsons, so was curious.

Do you mind if we share portfolios across text message? 

17 hours ago, afein said:

Haha, we do have the same school list! I didn't apply to CCA, and I haven't heard anything from Pratt either.

I did receive an interview invitation on Tuesday, the 26th, from Parsons for Design & Technology. It was a very informal email, written by a faculty member. That is, it was not automated or set-up by an admin. So I think the interview requests will be rolling out as faculty has time to send and schedule. If you've gotten MICA, SVA and RISD interviews, I'm sure you'll hear something in the next week.

I received the same Interview invitation. Wish me luck!

So far I've been rejected from University of Kentucky and University of South Florida, and accepted from Columbia College Chicago

Still waiting to hear from:

Louisiana State University

SVA

Ohio State University

University of Missouri (Interviewed)

Oh also waiting to hear from CalArts, but i'm pretty sure I'm rejected from there because I haven't been contacted for an interview.

15 hours ago, justaylor said:

If anyone is waiting to hear from uMich I reached out the other day and got this messsage today. A bummer but unfortunately expected because I didn’t have an interview. 

2C324CF0-1906-4E29-A7AD-62D2A86B5657.jpeg

How did you word your email to them without sounding desperate or needy? I need to do this to the programs I am waiting for as my declaration deadlines are coming up with others!

Hi everyone, hope you are all surviving. 

I have an interview very soon for the MFA at Glasgow and am freaking out. I don’t have a BFA so am really worried about talking about my work. Specifically the email they sent me says 

“The main focus of the conversation will be your art practice, your understanding of your work within wider artistic and theoretical contexts, and your reasons for applying” 

any advice for what they’d be looking for in my understanding of my work within wider artistic and theoretical contexts? 

Also if anyone has any experience with the GSA or has interviewed there I’d love to know more 

4 minutes ago, Dawaka said:

Hi everyone, hope you are all surviving. 

I have an interview very soon for the MFA at Glasgow and am freaking out. I don’t have a BFA so am really worried about talking about my work. Specifically the email they sent me says 

“The main focus of the conversation will be your art practice, your understanding of your work within wider artistic and theoretical contexts, and your reasons for applying” 

any advice for what they’d be looking for in my understanding of my work within wider artistic and theoretical contexts? 

Also if anyone has any experience with the GSA or has interviewed there I’d love to know more 

Hey, what is your discipline area and when is the interview? Someone I did my BA with went there for their MFA (painting), if you want to PM me I can send you her fb and instagram handle (sorry don't have her email), I'm sure she'd be happy to give you some advice on the interview. Are you applying from the U.S?

14 hours ago, Karisjns said:

Anxiously waiting for my financial aid package for the University at Buffalo. 

Anyone else in the same waiting phase? It's almost as nerve wracking as waiting for the acceptance lol. 

Yes! I got accepted to penn state but have been trying to reach them to figure out when the decision deadline is and nobody is answering or returning my emails. Also have heard nothing about financial aid. If I apply to scholarships, will I hear back before the deadline? Gah I am dying, because I definitely cannot go if I don’t get enough financial aid. 

1 hour ago, Ais said:

Hey, what is your discipline area and when is the interview? Someone I did my BA with went there for their MFA (painting), if you want to PM me I can send you her fb and instagram handle (sorry don't have her email), I'm sure she'd be happy to give you some advice on the interview. Are you applying from the U.S?

The MFA is multi disciplinary but my focus is photography and I'm applying from Scotland. The interview is on Tuesday. Thanks, ill send you a PM