MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

8 hours ago, Print2000 said:

Hi there- has anyone heard from Tyler yet?! Trying to remain patient ... good luck everyone!

Hey I'm still waiting from them too... maybe we can ask which step are the faculties in? lol 

1 hour ago, Rin_go said:

Hey I'm still waiting from them too... maybe we can ask which step are the faculties in? lol 

Hey I’m still waiting to hear from sculpture as well... they said 2-3 weeks since I interviewed with them and this is the third week ?

9 hours ago, Aatt said:

Anyone received MICA graphic design acceptanc yet? I had an interview and got invited to an event there, but am still waiting on results. 

me too,but nothing reply...

36 minutes ago, beep beep said:

hearing that some (all?) risd rejections have come out. i haven't heard a peep out of them, interview or otherwise. not sure what to be thinking at the moment! 

I'm in the same boat. Just want to know either way. My only other guess is waitlist? Would we be formally notified of that, I wonder?

still havent heard anything from Tulane, you think they send rejections all at once or in waves? and havent gotten official rejection from michigan yet either and nothing from UO and im locked out of the portal because i forgot my password and tried too many times HA

46 minutes ago, justaylor said:

still havent heard anything from Tulane, you think they send rejections all at once or in waves? and havent gotten official rejection from michigan yet either and nothing from UO and im locked out of the portal because i forgot my password and tried too many times HA

No news is good news. Remember that I applied for painting. All I know is that they started reviewing applications not too long ago so I am pretty certain that there is plenty more to come, be it invites to interview or waitlist notifications, etc. Nobody else in the forum reported news from Tulane, especially in your field, so that is awesome news for you. You could email the director of your department, or just wait a week or so, news are bound to come soon. Keep the faith, if you have not received a rejection, you are still very much in the game!

4 hours ago, artsixteen said:

Received a rejection from UCLA Painting today via application portal

woke up to same. i expected it considering i hadn't heard anything, but it is a bummer! there was an email telling me about an update, etc. 

12 minutes ago, Lemon2Lemonade said:

No news is good news. Remember that I applied for painting. All I know is that they started reviewing applications not too long ago so I am pretty certain that there is plenty more to come, be it invites to interview or waitlist notifications, etc. Nobody else in the forum reported news from Tulane, especially in your field, so that is awesome news for you. You could email the director of your department, or just wait a week or so, news are bound to come soon. Keep the faith, if you have not received a rejection, you are still very much in the game!

Yeah exactly. There’s nothing worse than false hope. Think I’ll just do myself a favor and expect to be rejected from everywhere and be pleasantly surprised if not haha

4 hours ago, justaylor said:

I've also not heard from Tulane. Feeling nervous about it, and I'm also confused if they send multiple waves of rejections or if I should have hope. Applied with a drawing/painting focus.

Edited by Bodys

5 minutes ago, Karisjns said:

Just got an email from MassArt to check my portal for a decision. 

Accepted to the 2D Find Arts program with a TA, Dean's scholarship and museum position?

Great! Do you mind sharing how much they offered financially? Is your tuition covered with the scholarship?

Hey Everyone!

I'm so nervous!!! Literally checking my phone and portal every second.

I applied to :

OTIS (Graphic Design)- GOT ACCEPTED?

SAIC(Graphic Design) - got a rejection letter and email in Feb. ?

RISDI ( Graphic Design) 

MICA (Graphic Design)

The New School Parsons ( Fine Arts)

Have not received anything. Does anyone have updates???

On 3/4/2019 at 8:55 AM, cixelated said:

What program(s) did you apply to?

Congratulations! Thats great news!

I applied to:

Yale - rejected

RISD (sculpture) - interviewed, waiting to hear back

1 hour ago, Bodys said:

I've also not heard from Tulane. Feeling nervous about it, and I'm also confused if they send multiple waves of rejections or if I should have hope. Applied with a drawing/painting focus.

I am puzzled. Might it be that they gave me the update because on Feb. 20 I inquired via email, and mentioned my scholarship time frame? That sounds too far fetch, but I don't know what to think. Anyone else got a response from Tulane? All I know is that they sent me a March 6 email to check GradStatus update, and the portal link showed a pdf letter of rejection. I say do not panic. They said that the committee was meeting at the end of Feb/beginning of March so it is too soon for you all to worry. Tulane is one of the places that has tons of applicants (funding is amazing). It is a small place and they seem to do things in a more relaxed way.  I love the faculty artwork and I was very hopeful, but I am glad to know. 

36 minutes ago, afein said:

Me too! Congratulations!

Baltimore is the most appealing city to me —  cheap and big!

Did they offer you any funding? I got a bit and I like the school a lot, but I’m not sure if it’s enough. 

Anyone else interview with NYU last week (or interviewing soon)? When they emailed me to set up an interview time, they gave me two possible dates (Tuesday or Thursday of last week), so I assumed they were doing all interviews on those days; however, when I spoke to them, they told me they had two more weeks of interviews to go, and were interviewing around 45 people in total...[yikes emoji].

Anyway, in case this info is helpful to anyone, I had a skype interview with Goldsmiths last week, thought it went horribly, and then got an email acceptance less than an hour later! (So, I'm guessing they were just interviewing to make sure I wasn't some asshole). My first acceptance! Feeling pretty good about that, except that they don't have funding for international students of course. 

Officially rejected from VCU painting as of last week Tuesday. Still not a peep from CMU which at this point makes me wonder if they lost my application lmao.