Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

27 minutes ago, mandelstic said:

How long are people waiting post-interview to reach out to POI?

19 minutes ago, jujusr said:

Was wondering the same thing. Anyone can chime in? 

Depends on why you are reaching out. I sent a thank you email the day after the interview. But if you are asking about your status, it might differ depending on the program timeline for notifying applicants. How long has it been since your interviews? 

4 minutes ago, justacigar said:

Depends on why you are reaching out. I sent a thank you email the day after the interview. But if you are asking about your status, it might differ depending on the program timeline for notifying applicants. How long has it been since your interviews? 

I'm waiting to hear back from 2, one was 3 weeks ago, the other was 2 weeks ago. I sent a thank you email the day after, but have heard nothing since.

1 hour ago, can123 said:

did anyone else get an e-mail about delays in admissions decisions from FDU due to a system transition? i've seen a few rejection posts so hoping others have some insight into what the delay e-mail means..

Was just about to come on here to ask the same thing! I received the same email. Very strange. Part of me wonders if it means we were accepted as they mentioned the deposit upload not working and I’ve seen both rejection and waitlist posts... but I also know never to read too much into these things hahaha. Glad to know someone else is in this position too though!

3 hours ago, Psychintraining said:

Was just about to come on here to ask the same thing! I received the same email. Very strange. Part of me wonders if it means we were accepted as they mentioned the deposit upload not working and I’ve seen both rejection and waitlist posts... but I also know never to read too much into these things hahaha. Glad to know someone else is in this position too though!

I've wondering the same thing! It's really confusing. I've seen no acceptance posts, just rejections and waitlist posts. It really has me wondering for people in our boat!

39 minutes ago, psyched.maybe?? said:

I've wondering the same thing! It's really confusing. I've seen no acceptance posts, just rejections and waitlist posts. It really has me wondering for people in our boat!

Right?! I wouldn’t think too much into if it weren’t for the mention of deposit and both rejection and waitlist notifs but no acceptances... there was only one waitlist though so I keep telling myself that could definitely still be a possibility.

I think that's it for this cycle for me. There's not really a point to this post other than maybe some kind of closure? I've checked this site countless times a day for so many months, but there's no need anymore, not right now anyway. But, I did want to say thank you to everyone who responded to my questions and everyone who has been so inspirational and kind. You all made my first process a little bit easier, so thank you. Might I even dare to say that I'll miss checking this site for awhile. Thank you all, please keep pushing, I am sincerely SO proud of all of you on this site. Go get those degrees! 

Hi! For those who have been accepted to the Counseling Psych PhD program at Umass Boston (congrats by the way!!). Have you received the official e-mail? 

Also, if you could direct message me so we can be in touch that would be great. Thanks!

Edited by latinapsych

18 hours ago, Psyche1988 said:

Folks who attended the USC clinical interview..any idea how many people interviewed and how many were offered acceptances?

thanks in advance

Not sure exactly, but I think on interview day (if you mean southern california) they said that something like 450 applied, 30-40 interviewed, and they want an incoming class of 6-7 :wacko:

If the person who posted their acceptance to University of Louisville (POI: BM) would be willing to PM me I'd really appreciate it! It's my first choice program and I'm assuming I'm probably waitlisted in this case and would love to know if you've made a decision!

Not sure if this is the right spot to post, but can anyone give me their opinions of counseling vs clinical programs (area of interest: childhood trauma and the intersection of forensic psych) and, if you know of either program, Carlow vs Chestnut Hill?

Thanks bunches