Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Just received an email from the director of the Counseling Psychology program at Southern Illinois University - Carbondale (SIUC) that they will be cancelling their open house interview day as they will no longer be able to accept any students this year due to "changes in staffing/budgeting" and that "these changes were sudden and unexpected". I am so surprised/shocked right now as I have already booked my hotel and was really looking forward to interviewing there... 

1 hour ago, KB23 said:

Just received an email from the director of the Counseling Psychology program at Southern Illinois University - Carbondale (SIUC) that they will be cancelling their open house interview day as they will no longer be able to accept any students this year due to "changes in staffing/budgeting" and that "these changes were sudden and unexpected". I am so surprised/shocked right now as I have already booked my hotel and was really looking forward to interviewing there... 

Same, I had already purchased a $500 flight ticket that won't even be refunded or credited in any way.. I'm so disappointed and I don't even know how to process this

2 hours ago, KB23 said:

Oh my gosh, that's horrible. I'd be so mad if this happened to me. So sorry that happened to you! This process is so expensive as is...

18 hours ago, KB23 said:

Wow. That's crazy.

I had an interview with a program over 2 1/2 weeks ago, but the program originally said they would likely need 1-2 weeks to send out decisions. I want to keep waiting it out for now, but is it acceptable to follow-up with a program post-interview? Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

3 hours ago, Holsmon said:

I had an interview with a program over 2 1/2 weeks ago, but the program originally said they would likely need 1-2 weeks to send out decisions. I want to keep waiting it out for now, but is it acceptable to follow-up with a program post-interview? Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

call/email the admissions office. they are helpful sometimes

17 minutes ago, detectivepikachu said:

just heard from louisville admin. She said they're "sending out admissions updates by the end of the week". I have not heard from my POI since the interview process so I'm assuming that's a 'no'? Or is it common to get an acceptance without hearing from the POI before mass admission emails go out?

I would think that admissions updates would include offers from POIs, but if it doesn't, then it's pretty strange to not here from them before the mass emails. 

4 hours ago, detectivepikachu said:

just heard from louisville admin. She said they're "sending out admissions updates by the end of the week". I have not heard from my POI since the interview process so I'm assuming that's a 'no'? Or is it common to get an acceptance without hearing from the POI before mass admission emails go out?

I've heard nothing from louisville either. I wouldn't assume anything quite yet if you haven't heard.

5 hours ago, shelfchorus456 said:

Has anyone heard from Eastern Kentucky University post-interview? I saw on the results page that someone got waitlisted on Wednesday, so I'm assuming I'm either rejected or accepted, but why would they only send out waitlist e-mails?

I haven't heard anything either. I was wondering the same thing...

Just now, Jespo said:

Does "end of the week" mean today or Sunday? 

At the interview on Monday I was told I would hear from University of Iowa about their acceptance decision at the end of the week, and just got an email about half and hour ago. I would assume in most cases end of week means Friday, but it could always depend on the program, and there could always be reasons that something doesn't get done until the next week.