Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

3 hours ago, PsychedInfo said:

If you are reaching out to a school to let them know you'd like to withdraw your application because you're accepting another offer, is it customary to tell them where you're going? Have other people done this? Thanks in advance for feedback! Every aspect of this process makes me so anxious; I just want to do everything right/maintain good rapport with all the faculty members I interviewed with.

I told both of the place, where I withdrew, where I was going. I'm in a relatively small sub-field so they would have found out anyway. I think some are just genuinely curious!

On 2/22/2020 at 7:06 PM, Mister Belvedere said:

I agree with this too — though, I'd expect the DCT to tell you to wait until mid-April for finalized decisions.

Do you think it would be best to reach out to the DCT (whom I've never emailed) or my PI (also the department chair)?

For those of you that are alternates at programs, are you continuing communication with the POI during the waiting period? I know I could be potentially waiting until April to hear back about a final decision, but I'd really love to be kept in the loop. There seem to be so many possible outcomes between now and then - the other applicant could accept the offer but the POI could be deciding if they have funding for another student, the other applicant could decline but priority for funding might go to another professor, etc. I'm a control freak and would much rather have 100% transparency about the process, but am unsure what the norm is for alternates. I don't want to seem pushy or overbearing. 

28 minutes ago, justacigar said:

For those of you that are alternates at programs, are you continuing communication with the POI during the waiting period? I know I could be potentially waiting until April to hear back about a final decision, but I'd really love to be kept in the loop. There seem to be so many possible outcomes between now and then - the other applicant could accept the offer but the POI could be deciding if they have funding for another student, the other applicant could decline but priority for funding might go to another professor, etc. I'm a control freak and would much rather have 100% transparency about the process, but am unsure what the norm is for alternates. I don't want to seem pushy or overbearing. 

I found out I was waitlisted mid Feb, so I'm waiting until mid March to reach out unless something significant changes on my CV. 

Hi Guys,

I just got an email from Palo Alto PhD clinical psychology saying that my application is "under continued review" and they will make decision as they move toward Spring term. Does anyone know what it means? Did anybody else get the same email?

On 2/26/2020 at 9:08 AM, laniekid said:

I found out I was waitlisted mid Feb, so I'm waiting until mid March to reach out unless something significant changes on my CV. 

Great, thanks! My mentor said to wait about a month, too, so I'm glad that is what others are thinking. 

Cross-posting from the waitlist thread:

When would you guys say it's appropriate to contact a school post-interview to see if you're on a waitlist (if at all)? If so, would you recommend contacting the DCT, your POI, or both?

It's been a little over 2 weeks after a few of the interviews I had and I've seen some offers extended from those programs, but have not been rejected either. Am wondering if I could be on the waitlist at at least one of those few, but none of the programs have contacted me about it. Should I reach out, or wait more? 

Did anyone go to Southern Illinois University Carbondale's clinical PhD open house? I was only able to do skype interviews, so would love it if you could DM me about it! And does anyone know anything about their timeline?