Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

School: Seattle Pacific University

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD 

Date of invite: 1/17

Type of invite: Email invite from Director of Clinical Training, seemed to be a mass email

Interview date(s):  2/24

Edited by kalrose

19 minutes ago, bruno516 said:

I actually got an email at like midnight and it was a rejection...at this point I have no clue what to make of it for the people who haven't heard but I hope its good news for ya!!!

Ah! I'm so sorry, that feeling sucks! Best of luck with other programs, and thank you!

Does anyone know what's going on with University of North Dakota? Neither their invite date or interview date are on the CUDCP Admission Timeline calendar. And I've only seen a single person post about getting an invite (it was for the counseling psych program - I'm clinical psych).

Have their invites gone out and no one is talking about it? What's up? 

On 1/22/2020 at 10:16 AM, twotimer said:

Anyone heard/know anything about the following counseling programs? Feel free to DM.

University of Minnesota
University of Maryland - College Park
Georgia State University
Arizona State University
NYU
UT - Austin

I got an interview invite from Minnesota today for the CSPR program.

1 hour ago, kalrose said:

Has anybody heard from the University of Colorado Denver? I’m assuming invites already went out, just wasn’t 100% sure. 

I got mine before Christmas, but I get the sense it was PI-specific. PM me yours?

1 hour ago, Modulus said:

I got an interview invite from Minnesota today for the CSPR program.

Congrats on all your interviews!!! Out of the curiosity of pure pragmatics ... are you attending/interviewing at all of them??

Just now, Cascadia said:

Congrats on all your interviews!!! Out of the curiosity of pure pragmatics ... are you attending/interviewing at all of them??

Thank you. 

I am incredibly fortunate to be in this position, but I will say it is validating after multiple prior rounds (3 and then a year where I applied to only one school) to finally be doing this all right somehow.

I am also fortunate to be in a financial and employment situation which is allowing me to do this travel.  I will be attending 10 out of 11 interviews (hoping for 11/12, come on UIUC) because I need to get this right.  I have been advised to take as many interviews as possible, even if I initially think a place will be a worse fit/location/etc. because so much rides on just what feels right

I was unable to fit the 11th in my schedule (either scheduled date or any alternates) and completed a Skype interview.

I cannot complain because again, I really acknowledge how privileged I am, but I will say that I am running on coffee and clif bars.

11 hours ago, laniekid said:

FYI, reached out to Harvard and they said faculty are currently reviewing applications and conducting interviews. Interviews would most likely be before Feb 6. Decisions to be sent out early March.

Hope that helps!

Shooooot do you think that means if we haven't heard from our POI we should start giving up hope? :(

35 minutes ago, PsychHopeful2020 said:

Shooooot do you think that means if we haven't heard from our POI we should start giving up hope? :(

Hi! I don't think you should give up hope yet!! There's still some time before Feb 6, and there's still a possibility after that, since I'm pretty sure Harvard doesn't do interview days, so they probably have more flexibility with extending interviews. 

3 hours ago, whitmanic said:

I got mine before Christmas, but I get the sense it was PI-specific. PM me yours?

4 hours ago, kalrose said:

Has anybody heard from the University of Colorado Denver? I’m assuming invites already went out, just wasn’t 100% sure. 

Same, mine was before Christmas, but it could be PI specific. 

22 hours ago, Modulus said:

Thank you. 

I am incredibly fortunate to be in this position, but I will say it is validating after multiple prior rounds (3 and then a year where I applied to only one school) to finally be doing this all right somehow.

I am also fortunate to be in a financial and employment situation which is allowing me to do this travel.  I will be attending 10 out of 11 interviews (hoping for 11/12, come on UIUC) because I need to get this right.  I have been advised to take as many interviews as possible, even if I initially think a place will be a worse fit/location/etc. because so much rides on just what feels right

I was unable to fit the 11th in my schedule (either scheduled date or any alternates) and completed a Skype interview.

I cannot complain because again, I really acknowledge how privileged I am, but I will say that I am running on coffee and clif bars.

That's amazing! Happy it is working out for you and you are able to make most of them. You should do a blog post or something on what you did this time around compared to previous cycles. It might help out a few people. :)  And again, congrats!!

Haha I am also running on coffee and cliff bars.

I am only applying to Spalding's PsyD program this go around. I declined Wright State's offer of acceptance last year and interviewed at 4 places so if anyone has any questions about the process I will try the best I can to help :) Good luck everyone!

12 hours ago, Cascadia said:

That's amazing! Happy it is working out for you and you are able to make most of them. You should do a blog post or something on what you did this time around compared to previous cycles. It might help out a few people. :)  And again, congrats!!

Haha I am also running on coffee and cliff bars.

I've got a little summary I made at the beginning of the process earlier in this thread, but yeah I will definitely consider something like that after the actual interviews are finished haha. 

13 hours ago, ROGERthat22 said:

I am only applying to Spalding's PsyD program this go around. I declined Wright State's offer of acceptance last year and interviewed at 4 places so if anyone has any questions about the process I will try the best I can to help :) Good luck everyone!

I also declined Wright State’s offer back in 2018 (which meant I chose to get a masters instead and am now applying to balanced PhDs this round)! This is really interesting (and validating) to me that I’m not the only one who felt something off with the program enough to forgo doctoral study rather than go there. It’s surprising since their match rates are great but idk, the students seemed miserable, the program was SO disorganized, and Dayton is so bleh. What made you decide to turn down your offer?