Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

1 hour ago, hermm said:

Hey I heard from MSU and USM mid-December, so I think most of the invites have gone out. USM's interview day isn't until February 14th (if you're talking clinical) though so there still might be time!

Thank you! I called MSU and USM today - my application is still in review. 

15 hours ago, firsttimeapp said:

Has anyone had anything official from VCU? If an interview is Jan 24th and you haven't heard from a school should you assume rejection?

11 hours ago, lolhelp said:

Yeah, I would assume rejection unfortunately. That's really close by to have not heard back at this point. 

I heard back yesterday for the Counseling program. Their interview dates are Feb 7 or Feb 10.

2 hours ago, pranali said:

What is the best location to have a Skype interview? Will a desk in the bedroom be too informal? Or it is better to go to a library?

I have been having mine in my office at work.  I think a library might be too distracting.  You want a neutral background where you can be the focus. I think your bedroom desk should be fine as long as the view of your bedroom is very tidy.  

4 hours ago, pranali said:

What is the best location to have a Skype interview? Will a desk in the bedroom be too informal? Or it is better to go to a library?

Find an area in your house where you could set up the computer in a way that the only background behind you is a blank wall. That's what I did, and I think it has been working with preventing distractions since all professors see in the background when talking to me is all white. ?

Also, my undergraduate institution had a career center that students could use in which you could reserve a room specifically just to do Skype and phone interviews. It was really useful! Maybe see if your school offers something like that? 

Edited by lolhelp

Hey all, FYI I reached out to the Georgia State and University of Maryland counseling psych programs and this is what they told me:

GSU- Faculty have started extending interview invitations. If you don’t hear anything by the end of February, you can assume you haven’t moved on to the next phase of the admissions process. Final decisions will be sent by April. 

UMD- Invitations have been/are being sent last week and this week. If you don’t get an email, it is possible faculty might invite you to second round interviews if they’re unsatisfied with the first pool. Final decisions will be sent in March.  

Perhaps not super promising if you haven’t heard back yet (like me ?) but hope this helps someone!

Has anyone herd back from the University of New Mexico or Columbia University? I haven't seen or herd anything from either of them on the results/forums pages... Too soon or too late? Does anyone have any information? Thanks! 

9 minutes ago, Ink-nut said:

Has anyone herd back from the University of New Mexico or Columbia University? I haven't seen or herd anything from either of them on the results/forums pages... Too soon or too late? Does anyone have any information? Thanks! 

I think too soon for UNM. It seems like they historically extend invitations later than most. Based on last year's posts, I'm guessing their interview weekend won't be until mid-late Feb.

49 minutes ago, Ink-nut said:

UNM hasn't even met to review applications yet, so it'll definitely be a minute! I believe in the past they've extended interview invites end of January or early February and interview dates have been later in February.