Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

I am not sure if this is common knowledge or not but the University of North Texas has this calendar (https://teamup.com/ks952632ef38687f3e) open to the public. It has quite a few dates of deadlines for interview notifications from various clinical psychology programs. It looks accurate to me but I have not had any other program have this link on there web page? Anyone know if this is a good source?

6 minutes ago, Ink-nut said:

I am not sure if this is common knowledge or not but the University of North Texas has this calendar (https://teamup.com/ks952632ef38687f3e) open to the public. It has quite a few dates of deadlines for interview notifications from various clinical psychology programs. It looks accurate to me but I have not had any other program have this link on there web page? Anyone know if this is a good source?

I've used that one before----it's accurate to my experience so far, it just unfortunately doesn't have all of them. 

To the UConn poster who was recently rejected, I’m so sorry this is a top choice of mine as well, specifically with DC. If you see this, do you mind sharing how you reached out? I’d like to as well but I wasn’t sure how to word such an email. 

I can’t wait to see where you get in WHEN you get in!! 

47 minutes ago, ekilgallon said:

Hate hate hate to say it but the Registrar of the psychology department just emailed me back saying interview invites were extended yesterday :(

Can confirm. Says rejections won't go out until after the first round of interviews is done.

Has anyone not received a rejection from Nebraska Lincoln, but still hasn’t received an e-mail invite from their POI? I haven’t received a rejection, but saw my POI extended an invite on the results page. Wondering if I should accept my rejection fate ?

Just now, Holsmon said:

Has anyone not received a rejection from Nebraska Lincoln, but still hasn’t received an e-mail invite from their POI? I haven’t received a rejection, but saw my POI extended an invite on the results page. Wondering if I should accept my rejection fate ?

They sent all their initial interview offers out but won’t reject people in case there’s an opening for interview weekend, etc. 

Just now, Holsmon said:

Me! That's actually happened for several schools I applied to. I'm not optimistic, but maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised!

Just now, hopefulgrad2019 said:

They sent all their initial interview offers out but won’t reject people in case there’s an opening for interview weekend, etc. 

It seems hope can still be had though since they say they consider all apps until you're rejected and some have been rejected already

Just another update on University of Oregon for anyone waiting - I emailed the grad coordinator who said all initial invites have gone out, but there may be additional interviews in February. Why do they always give you hope ?

4 minutes ago, hopefulgrad2019 said:

Did you hear this somewhere specific? I'm sort of in limbo as I have not been rejected from UNL and have also not seen my PI mentioned on the results page or interview thread - but haven't received an invite.

1 hour ago, ekilgallon said:

Hate hate hate to say it but the Registrar of the psychology department just emailed me back saying interview invites were extended yesterday :(

Sucks to hear, but good to know. Thanks for posting!

14 minutes ago, justacigar said:

Just another update on University of Oregon for anyone waiting - I emailed the grad coordinator who said all initial invites have gone out, but there may be additional interviews in February. Why do they always give you hope ?

oH SO THIS IS WHY THEY WON'T JUST END OUR SUFFERING (someone at Memphis said the exact same thing to me, they wait and see if anything else opens up ?)

Updates from UIUC - I emailed my POI (JC) to check application status, and was notified that I did not make it to the interviews in a very friendly and encouraging email. All his interview invitations have been extended, and I think if you have not heard anything from him then count that as a rejection. 

Edited by CowpokeMT

1 hour ago, rainydaychai said:

Did you hear this somewhere specific? I'm sort of in limbo as I have not been rejected from UNL and have also not seen my PI mentioned on the results page or interview thread - but haven't received an invite.

I DM’d you ?

Hi all!

Many of you inspired me to follow up with the programs that I hadn't heard from yet. So far only one has emailed back.

For those wondering - John Jay College just made their decisions today. They'll be contacting applicants tomorrow.

I will update for other schools if/ when I hear back!

2 hours ago, justacigar said:

Hi! 

Just curious who you spoke to VS the previous poster who said we had til 1/10 before accepting defeat lol

I haven't heard from UO either :(

3 hours ago, childcenteredwork said:

Hi folks! I wanted to ask this collective about GMU - I know one person posted an invite from their POI, JS. Has anyone else heard back? I’m wondering if JS was just early in selecting his candidates! 

I also heard back today for an interview from TC!

6 minutes ago, Dreamerrrrr said:

Hi! 

Just curious who you spoke to VS the previous poster who said we had til 1/10 before accepting defeat lol

I haven't heard from UO either :(

Yeah I was confused too, I wanted to reach out for my own peace of mind. I contacted the coordinator, Lori. Not sure who the other person heard from.

20 minutes ago, firsttimeapp said:

Hi! For those who have sent follow-up emails to sites; did you contact the coordinator or your POI directly and how did you do it without seeming impatient or pushy?

I contacted the program coordinator by phone - BUT I only did this because they had sent out rejections, interview invites, and waitlist notifications. I think it's still okay to call and ask where the department is currently at in terms of the process, though. I prefer phone to email for this stuff. Not pushy at all - this is our life hanging in the balance, yo

Edited by justacigar