Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

On 12/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, Mbp213 said:

Does anyone know if the Georgia State, UC Santa Barbara, and University of Maryland counseling psych programs have extended all on campus interview invites? Trying to figure out if I should move on ?

I haven't heard from Georgia State either, have they sent you anything yet??? ?

2 minutes ago, Ppkitty said:

If PIs are doing phone screening interviews and you haven't gotten contacted by them, is that a pretty sure sign that you won't get an official invite?

I think it really depends on the PI. For example, they may be uncertain about a candidate and want to do a call with them but they know for sure they already want to invite another candidate as well. Unfortunately, it's impossible to really know.

21 minutes ago, psycstudent2018 said:

someone had posted that Yale was going to be coming out. Has anyone heard anything?

One person posted an interview invite from Yale, but that's all I've seen. The program coordinator told me they had over 900 applications to the psychology department this year, but I think that includes all branches of psych, not just clinical. I think a lot of people still haven't heard. May be later in the week. That's all I know. Hope it helps!

On 12/26/2019 at 2:22 PM, clinicalpsych.2020 said:

The status of my application at University of North Texas went from "pending admissions review" to "at academic program" back to "pending admissions review".. Any idea of why this would happen? Should I contact them or just wait?

Feels late to ask this since many schools are sending invites, but do all applications change status after being submitted? Starting to worry now that my status for my top choice has been "submitted" this whole time...

Edited by bobatea

2 hours ago, psycstudent2018 said:

someone had posted that Yale was going to be coming out. Has anyone heard anything?

Just received the official invite from program coordinator at Yale following a personal email from the POI. It did look like a mass email but nothing is certain -- don't lose hope! Feel free to DM me for additional questions. 

Hang in there everyone!!!

14 hours ago, bobatea said:

Feels late to ask this since many schools are sending invites, but do all applications change status after being submitted? Starting to worry now that my status for my top choice has been "submitted" this whole time...

Not all schools do this! out of all the schools I applied to north texas was the only one that had a user friendly website that updated (even though it's been stuck on the same status since Christmas) 

7 minutes ago, justacigar said:

Yeahhhh, if the University of Oregon could send out their invites that'd be greaaatttt, thanks 

image.png.d92076f80561a93782c7089dbea69419.png

Not sure about clinical but they have sent out all counseling invites their Interview weekend is on Jan 30th-31st

Just now, Jvs2020 said:

Not sure about clinical but they have sent out all counseling invites their Interview weekend is on Jan 30th-31st

Thanks for the info! Someone posted on here that they reached out to the department and the clinical invites are supposed to go out by Friday ? they are running way behind this year

29 minutes ago, clinicalpsych1996 said:

Has anyone else heard back from Yale?

All I've heard is of one person getting an invite to the in person interview after a Skype interview with their POI in mid December. If anyone knows anything else, please message me or comment. We're very impatiently waiting over here haha

Edited by ekilgallon