Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

1 hour ago, pennyellen said:

I also heard back today for an interview from TC!

Thank you! Neither TC nor JS is one of my POIs, so will still remain hopeful! Thank you -- and congratulations!! :)

Edited by childcenteredwork

1 hour ago, justacigar said:

I contacted the program coordinator by phone - BUT I only did this because they had sent out rejections, interview invites, and waitlist notifications. I think it's still okay to call and ask where the department is currently at in terms of the process, though. I prefer phone to email for this stuff. Not pushy at all - this is our life hanging in the balance, yo

You are right about the pushy part! I will call tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

15 hours ago, PsychologyClinical said:

Has anyone heard from Harvard yet or know when they start sending out interview invites? 

I applied to Harvard and haven't heard back yet. I read something on TGC a while back that said that Harvard doesn't do a standard interview weekend? Their admissions process seems to be sort of a mystery.

17 hours ago, firsttimeapp said:

Hi! For those who have sent follow-up emails to sites; did you contact the coordinator or your POI directly and how did you do it without seeming impatient or pushy?

Hi! I contacted the graduate studies coordinator if there was one listed on the program website (5/8). Otherwise, I emailed the POI directly (3/8). 

I spoke to a faculty mentor who said that if the program doesn't list a timeline/ date, that it is appropriate to email them and ask about when decisions regarding interviews may be made.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Pleasegivemeaninterview said:

Just wondering, has anyone heard that all interviews to the University of Tennessee have been sent out? I haven't seen my PI in the postings. 

Sorry to say but my guess is yes.  There was a mass email the other day with all of the details about the interview weekend and asking for flight info ?

This is going to sound like a very dumb question, but would it look odd to bring a suitcase for a 2-night stay? I want to make sure my clothes don't get super wrinkled...and also possibly bring an iron as well, just in case lol

14 minutes ago, Aghhhhh said:

This is going to sound like a very dumb question, but would it look odd to bring a suitcase for a 2-night stay? I want to make sure my clothes don't get super wrinkled...and also possibly bring an iron as well, just in case lol

I think it a suitcase is totally fine, but I wouldn't bring a massive one. Also I 100% recommend a steamer instead of an iron. It's faster, often more portable, and works with more fabrics. 

34 minutes ago, Aghhhhh said:

I'm brining a carry-on suitcase! Not weird at all. 

19 minutes ago, justacigar said:

All of these timelines given by programs are so frustrating..."in the next few weeks" blah blah blah

I need a specific day and time, programs! Down to the second, dang it!

/s

Joking not joking....

I mean, we get deadlines!!! Shouldn't they? 

Kind of kidding. kind of

Hi all-the UNT calendar shows that interview notification deadline for George Washington University was today, but I haven’t seen anyone post...has anyone received an invite? Also, does anyone know if all invites have been sent for UMass Amherst?

On 1/9/2020 at 5:59 PM, webbz_world93 said:

Has anyone heard from any of the following?

East Carolina University

Saint Louis University 

WUSTL

Washington State University 

Wayne State University 

Thanks in advance! :)

Don’t give up optimism yet, but I had an interview with my POI at WUSTL. I was told I’d hear about the POI’s decision by tomorrow. Not sure about other professors, but I spoke with RT. 

On 1/9/2020 at 10:08 PM, treefrogtree said:

Don’t give up optimism yet, but I had an interview with my POI at WUSTL. I was told I’d hear about the POI’s decision by tomorrow. Not sure about other professors, but I spoke with RT. 

Thank you for your reply, and best of luck! Luckily that isn’t my POI so there’s still hope! 

18 hours ago, Aghhhhh said:

Keep in mind that checking a bag will require that you arrive at the airport slightly earlier and if you get there too close to departure, a lot of airlines will refuse to check your bag. 

19 hours ago, justacigar said:
20 hours ago, Aghhhhh said:

I'm brining a carry-on suitcase! Not weird at all. 

I second this! I'm bringing a carry-on suitcase so I don't have to worry about checking a bag, but also have everything neatly packed. I'm making sure to book flights with airlines that allow carry ons. (i.e. American, Southwest, Delta)

19 minutes ago, Haybay0204 said:

Has anyone heard from - 

LSU

Mississippi State

University of Southern Mississippi

Texas Tech?

It looks like a lot of LSU invites have gone out but I cannot for the life of me tell if it's all of them. I emailed earlier this week but haven't gotten a response so I was contemplating calling them today to see if they can tell me if all of the invites have been extended.