Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Anyone else's brain like: "omg its Jan 2- the holidays are over please read my application now!!!"

Two weeks from now, a lot of us will be hearing some great news! I know it's hard to stay positive but as an over achiever who was  rejected by all the universities I applied to last year, I promise you that whatever happens, you will be okay. If anyone needs someone to talk to and confide in my DMs are always open :). Wishing you all success in this new year and please remember that you all are applying to literally the hardest graduate program in the country.

Is anyone under the impression that OSU, Purdue, and Uconn have sent out all their interview invites for clinical? I've seen some people post interviews in the results but not enough for me to think it's over... but of course I'm sure some don't post! Unsure whether to wait it out or start to inquire. 

3 hours ago, Asdfghjkl123 said:

Is anyone under the impression that OSU, Purdue, and Uconn have sent out all their interview invites for clinical? I've seen some people post interviews in the results but not enough for me to think it's over... but of course I'm sure some don't post! Unsure whether to wait it out or start to inquire. 

I was in touch with a faculty member from Ohio State who said they had already sent out all invites. I presume you mean Ohio by OSU, not Oklahoma. Unsure about Purdue and UConn.

I'm pretty sure Purdue hasn't sent out all of their invites yet. I've been in contact with them about a missing document that I submitted but they didn't receive and they said the faculty are still reviewing applications and that the missing document wouldn't stop me from being fully considered. 

In case you meant Oklahoma not Ohio, their invite deadline was December 23rd, so I'm assuming that all invites have been extended for that program. 

1 hour ago, PsychHuman said:

I was in touch with a faculty member from Ohio State who said they had already sent out all invites. I presume you mean Ohio by OSU, not Oklahoma. Unsure about Purdue and UConn.

Yeah Ohio, bummer but thanks for info!

Edited by Asdfghjkl123

1 hour ago, ImAFreudNot said:

I'm pretty sure Purdue hasn't sent out all of their invites yet. I've been in contact with them about a missing document that I submitted but they didn't receive and they said the faculty are still reviewing applications and that the missing document wouldn't stop me from being fully considered. 

Great to know thank you! If anyone needs to hear this this happened to me with Umass Boston also, I know they’re traditionally later any way but they’re definitely still in review. 

Edited by Asdfghjkl123

Quick question —

Does anyone have experience with applying to a program and then subsequently getting invited for an interview by a faculty member (who is accepting students) that they didn’t mention in their PS or on their application? Wondering how that worked out and how offered this occurred.

Edited by Chekashi_69