Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

On 1/27/2020 at 9:08 PM, SamJ said:

I still have heard nothing from University of Denver for the PsyD program. I emailed last Tuesday and left a voicemail on Friday. Is it too soon to email again?

Check the application portal. All interviews were sent out and I’m pretty sure the interview day has passed. I got my rejection.

12 minutes ago, secondtimecharm said:

Could the person who got accepted to the KU counseling psych program please message me your POI? Thank you!!

Hi that is Me! Message me idk how to do it on the mobile site

Edited by Itzik

On 1/27/2020 at 4:00 PM, psychlady22 said:

Has anyone gotten an interview invitation from Spalding University Psy.D? Nobody has posted about it on the admissions results page. Thanks!

I heard from them last Tuesday, with four potential interview dates.

10 hours ago, yikespsych said:

Has anyone heard from University of Louisville post-interview?

Is this for clinical or counselling?

If it's counselling, nothing yet. Data from previous years shows that it takes 2 - 3 weeks so I'm assuming earliest responses start trickling in this Friday, latest would be next friday.

55 minutes ago, Oluwachristabel said:

Is this for clinical or counselling?

If it's counselling, nothing yet. Data from previous years shows that it takes 2 - 3 weeks so I'm assuming earliest responses start trickling in this Friday, latest would be next friday.

Sorry, should have specified clinical! There's so little on the results page from past years that it's hard to know when things will start happening.

35 minutes ago, happycola23 said:

Has anyone heard from Suffolk re: their interview scheduling for the 28th/29th? I filled out the survey but haven't gotten anything since, and am wondering if anyone else has. Thanks!

Nothing yet -  I think the original interview invite email said they'd let everyone know by 2/13 though; hopefully we'll find out sooner!

On 1/29/2020 at 9:01 PM, psychlady22 said:

Has anyone received a waitlist or rejection email from U of Kentucky post-interview? Thanks!

Clinical or Counseling?

Edit: just saw you posted on Jan 29. I believe first round offers for Clinical went out Jan 27.  If you haven't heard anything yet I'd assume you're a second round offer if the first round falls through, so you're in a holding pattern for now. Good luck!

Edited by Psych20

19 minutes ago, clinicalpsyhopeful said:

I got excepted to my top choice but still have two interviews left. Part of me wants to cancel the remaining two but I also don't want to burn any bridges (but I feel like I'd be wasting their time?). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you are quite certain of your choice and attending the remaining interviews would be a personal or financial strain, then maybe you want to consider a cancellation, but I think in the vast majority of cases, if you can, you should attend your other interviews.  I have been given the advice to not rank programs before visiting them as there are both good and bad surprises!

Edited by Modulus
clarification

11 minutes ago, Modulus said:

If you are quite certain of your choice and attending the remaining interviews would be a personal or financial strain, then maybe you want to consider a cancellation, but I think in the vast majority of cases, if you can, you should attend your other interviews.  I have been given the advice to not rank programs before visiting them as there are both good and bad surprises!

I agree with everything Modulus said. I just wanted to add one thing. If you are really certain of your decision, declining the interview may also open up that slot to someone who may have been waitlisted for an interview. So if you would be going just for the sake of going and not really considering it, I would opt for reaching out. I don't think it would burn any bridges. I would phrase it something like this: "thank you so much for the interview opportunity. However, I have recently been offered acceptance to a different program and will be committing to that offer."

11 hours ago, clinicalpsyhopeful said:

I got accepted to my top choice but still have two interviews left. Part of me wants to cancel the remaining two but I also don't want to burn any bridges (but I feel like I'd be wasting their time?). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Just cancel. Open a stop for someone else. I got accepted to my top choice and had to cancel 5 interviews. Everyone except one took it well.

13 hours ago, clinicalpsyhopeful said:

I got accepted to my top choice but still have two interviews left. Part of me wants to cancel the remaining two but I also don't want to burn any bridges (but I feel like I'd be wasting their time?). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

First off CONGRATULATIONS? that is an amazing blessing!

If it is an official acceptance that you are certain you want to accept (duh 1st choice lol), I would recommend (if its not too much economical strain) going to one additional interview just to potentially have room for negotiations (request higher stipend, or secure RA Line, etc). In the interest of your time and the schools (and all other anxiously hopeful applicants) I would let the other programs know you have made a decision so that they can extend the opportunity to someone else.

Again congrats you earned this! ??

13 hours ago, PsyDuck90 said:

I agree with everything Modulus said. I just wanted to add one thing. If you are really certain of your decision, declining the interview may also open up that slot to someone who may have been waitlisted for an interview. So if you would be going just for the sake of going and not really considering it, I would opt for reaching out. I don't think it would burn any bridges. I would phrase it something like this: "thank you so much for the interview opportunity. However, I have recently been offered acceptance to a different program and will be committing to that offer."

Agree with this. As someone who is currently waitlisted for an interview, knowing that people might take the slot who have no intention of accepting an offer would be disheartening. I think those waiting would be grateful for people who cancel when they know for sure they have a top-choice offer in hand and want to go to that program.