Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

29 minutes ago, 2ndTimeHopeful said:

How do you respond to an interview invitation from a POI if it conflicts with some of your higher choices that haven’t invited you yet? I’d like to wait a little longer before responding but I also want them to know I’m very interested in their program and thrilled to have the opportunity to interview with them. 

Reply right away and indicate your strong interest in their program and excitement in being invited but say you’re still in the process of coordinating your schedule and will let them know as soon as possible. Thank them at the beginning and end of the email, etc. 

17 hours ago, JoePianist said:

As another current doctoral student, I agree with the quoted person – a thank you gift to your host 100% won’t affect application decisions; save your money and just send a thank you email afterwards.

Thanks for the feedback! Is it ok to get something though? I wanted to get something small just to say thank you, but wanted to make sure that this would not come across sincerely and not as trying to buy favor. Any thoughts?

School: University of Colorado - Boulder

Type: PhD

Date of invite: Dec 20, 2019

Type of invite: Email from POI

Interview date(s): January 31, 2020

School: University of Colorado - Denver

Date of invite: Dec 10, 2019

Interview date(s): February 7 and 21, 2020

School: Ohio State University

Date of invite: Dec 19, 2019

Interview date(s): January 10, 2020

1 hour ago, PsychedforPsych2 said:

Thanks for the feedback! Is it ok to get something though? I wanted to get something small just to say thank you, but wanted to make sure that this would not come across sincerely and not as trying to buy favor. Any thoughts?

Sure, anything $5 or below is fine. I’m just saying that it really won’t influence any decision making – as long as you recognize that, it’s fine

On 12/9/2019 at 5:43 PM, PsychedUp! said:

Hi all. I am currently a first-year student in a Clinical Psychology PhD program and thought I would share this info on the interview for the schools I applied to last year and the interview invitation date/method for the schools I interviewed at. I would have loved something like this last year – I lurked on Grad Café but never created an account or posted so now I want to give back!  Keep in mind, at some schools the POI will contact you directly and at other schools it will be the DCT or an administrative assistant sending out a mass email. This was my FIFTH time applying to Clinical Psych PhD programs and I finally made it so you all definitely can too!! All of this info is for the Clinical Psychology PhD programs for these schools! Any questions about anything at all, please PM me!

School (Interview Invitation Date/Method)                                  Interview Date(s)     

Marquette Univ (12/19/18; mass email from DCT)              1/28/19, 2/1/19, 2/4/19 (you choose)

Fordham Univ (1/14/19; mass email from DCT)                   1/25/19, 2/1/19 (you choose)

Univ of Florida (12/20/18; mass email from DCT)                 2/14/19 – 2/16/19

Louisiana State Univ (12/14/18; direct from POI)                  2/1/19

Univ of Kentucky                                                                        1/24/19 – 1/25/19

Univ of North Texas                                                                   2/1/19

Temple Univ                                                                                1/14/19

Univ of Utah                                                                                 2/1/19

Univ of Kansas                                                                            2/7/19 – 2/9/19

Univ of Montana                                                                         2/8/19

Univ of Pittsburgh                                                                       2/15/19 – 2/16/19

Univ of Rhode Island                                                                  2/18/19

Washington State Univ                                                               3/1/19

Ohio Univ                                                                                2/1/19, 2/8/19 (you choose)

When did invites for interviews go out for Univ of N. Texas? Deadline for apps was Dec. 1st this year for Fall 2020

On 12/27/2019 at 9:59 AM, andhowdoesthatmakeyoufeel said:

School: University of Colorado - Boulder

Date of invite: Dec 20, 2019

Interview date(s): January 31, 2020

School: University of Colorado - Denver

Date of invite: Dec 10, 2019

Interview date(s): February 7 and 21, 2020

School: Ohio State University