2021 Applicants

4 hours ago, The Maritime Scholar said:

Wow! That's crazy. They're the only school I'm waiting on. I'm like 98% I'm choosing another one, but now that I won't possibly hear from them until after April 15th means I'll most likely accept with the other school for sure since that's the national deadline. 

I had a friend get rejected from Penn State on Friday, so I'm wondering if they're slowly moving through the applications in groups? Still strange. I'm in a similar boat - so much waiting. Nothing like deciding the next 5 years of your life on the evening of April 15th! 

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO BOSTON COLLEGE! I'm crying so hard. I'm so thankful and in disbelief, I've been shaking since I got the email. I'll be emailing shortly to take myself off of the UConn waitlist and I hope this helps someone else out. Thank you all so much for your kind words and support through this whole process. It's especially wonderful because yesterday marked one year since my dad passed away, and I can't help but feel he's looking out for me.

32 minutes ago, cassidyaxx said:

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO BOSTON COLLEGE! I'm crying so hard. I'm so thankful and in disbelief, I've been shaking since I got the email. I'll be emailing shortly to take myself off of the UConn waitlist and I hope this helps someone else out. Thank you all so much for your kind words and support through this whole process. It's especially wonderful because yesterday marked one year since my dad passed away, and I can't help but feel he's looking out for me.

Congratulations! It's always so great to see people succeed after persevering through multiple cycles!

1 hour ago, cassidyaxx said:

CONGRATS! I am beyond thrilled for you, MUCH deserved! ??

2 hours ago, cassidyaxx said:

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO BOSTON COLLEGE! I'm crying so hard. I'm so thankful and in disbelief, I've been shaking since I got the email. I'll be emailing shortly to take myself off of the UConn waitlist and I hope this helps someone else out. 

Congratulations Cassidy! What wonderful news! :)

3 hours ago, cassidyaxx said:

YESSSS CONGRATULATIONS! I have been anticipating this post for weeks and I am SO EXCITED to wish you a much, much deserved congratulations. So thrilled for you, you absolutely deserve this. Can't wait to read all the great scholarship you produce!!! And maybe see each other at conferences, etc. Take the time to celebrate, this is a huge and wonderful accomplishment. CONGRATS!!!

@WildeThing @Rehana202 @Warelin @Bopie5 thanks so much, everyone ❤️ I am beyond thrilled! I'll be celebrating with some tacos!! And I agree with Bopie, I can't wait to see what all of us achieve and I hope we run into each other one way or another in the academic world someday. I'm so thankful for the gradcafe community :)

17 hours ago, cassidyaxx said:

AAAAAA. So happy for you! Congratulations!!

On 4/7/2021 at 1:38 PM, cassidyaxx said:

GREAT NEWS!!! Congratulations! 

I just want to put out there that if there are any other people attending Boston area schools in this thread who are looking for a roommate, I'd love to chat! I'm potentially looking for one and I'm looking at living in Brighton or on the green line, as I don't want to take my car. Figured I'd ask here first rather than a more general group :) 

This cycle really is coming to a close (truly strange to think how time has passed!) and I’ll be saying a soft goodbye to checking gradcafe. But y’all are the best and I’m so grateful for the way we’ve supported and encouraged each other throughout this cycle. If anyone ever wants to be twitter friends (I am terminally online) or collab on a conference presentation send me a DM! Best wishes to all who still have decisions to make or waitlists to hear back from.

29 minutes ago, labradoodle said:

Congratulations to everyone who got in! I also just found this forum recently because I'm thinking of applying next cycle; would this be an appropriate time to start a 2022 topic?

Best of luck to you next cycle! Traditionally, someone creates the next cycle board between April 16 (the day after funded offers must be responded to) and September. You'll likely find the periods between April and October will be likely less busy than the periods between October and April! What are your research interests?

12 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Best of luck to you next cycle! Traditionally, someone creates the next cycle board between April 16 (the day after funded offers must be responded to) and September. You'll likely find the periods between April and October will be likely less busy than the periods between October and April! What are your research interests?

Thank you! I'll wait a week then, haha. I just told myself I would get started broad researching of both my interests and where exactly I would like to apply to after some deadlines, which is today! I'm mainly interested in modernism and postmodernism, as well as its philosophical background, especially in terms of post-structuralism and marxism. I also just like those and a thousand other theoretical movements in general, and so many other things, but if I were to write a proposal now, it would be about these.

Edited by labradoodle

3 minutes ago, labradoodle said:

Thank you! I'll wait a week then, haha. I just told myself I would get started broad researching of both my interests and where exactly I would like to apply to after some deadlines, which is today! I'm mainly interested in modernism and postmodernism, as well as its philosophical background, especially in terms of post-structuralism and marxism. I also just like those and a thousand other theoretical movements in general, and so many other things, but if I were to write a proposal now, it would be about these.

Oh please post a notification here as well! I am also planning to apply for Fall 2022. All the best!

5 hours ago, labradoodle said:

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like any help on narrowing your schools/want a look over your SOP. :)