2021 Biology PhD Admissions Results

oskibear

3 hours ago, Vickie Yang said:

Has anyone heard back from UC Berkeley (MCB), Emory (Neuroscience), UC Irvine (CMB), UPitt (PMI), U of Miami (PiBS), Harvard (Immunology) and UW (Immunology)?

I haven't heard anything back from those programs. Even rejection is better than waiting endlessly...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applied: UC Berkeley (MCB), Emory (Neuroscience), UC Irvine (CMB), UPitt (PMI), U of Miami (PiBS), Harvard (Immunology), UW (Immunology)

Secondary Application: UT Southwestern (BMS)

Interviewing: IUPUI (IBMG), UAB (GBS), U of Arizona (ABBS), Purdue (Biological Sciences), U of Maryland (Neuroscience)

Rejected: WUSTL (DBBS), Mayo (Neuroscience), Rockefeller (Bioscience)

I got an interview from Berkeley MCB in mid-December. They have already started organizing the interview weekend so unfortunately they may be done sending out invites. I applied to UCI CMB and haven't heard back anything either though!

3 hours ago, st21 said:

Any hear from UC Santa Barbara MCDB? I saw one post on the admission results but nothing else. Website says Feb 5th interviews? Thanks

My friend and I who applied got interview invites earlier this month! They emails weren't sent at the exact same time so it's possible that they're doing rolling invites. Their interview day is on 2/5. 

11 hours ago, Vickie Yang said:

Has anyone heard back from UC Berkeley (MCB), Emory (Neuroscience), UC Irvine (CMB), UPitt (PMI), U of Miami (PiBS), Harvard (Immunology) and UW (Immunology)?

I haven't heard anything back from those programs. Even rejection is better than waiting endlessly...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applied: UC Berkeley (MCB), Emory (Neuroscience), UC Irvine (CMB), UPitt (PMI), U of Miami (PiBS), Harvard (Immunology), UW (Immunology)

Interviewing: IUPUI (IBMG), UAB (GBS), U of Arizona (ABBS), Purdue (Biological Sciences), U of Maryland (Neuroscience)

Rejected: WUSTL (DBBS), Mayo (Neuroscience), Rockefeller (Bioscience)

I was rejected from UW Immunology on January 12. It was a generic rejection email.

I also applied to Harvard (Immunology) and UC Irvine (CMB) and have heard nothing from either school. Actually, I haven’t heard anything from any of the 10 schools that I applied to. The anxiety is real 

18 hours ago, thepuncess said:

My friend and I who applied got interview invites earlier this month! They emails weren't sent at the exact same time so it's possible that they're doing rolling invites. Their interview day is on 2/5. 

Darn.. seems like I'm not getting the invite for that one. Such a shame since it's beautiful there in addition to being a good program! Thanks for the information. 

On 1/3/2021 at 1:05 AM, The Kimster said:

Got rejected from Cornell's Plant Biology program last week! 

Here are my stats: 

3.62 UC GPA from 2 years of undergrad at UCSD and 1.5 years at UC Berkeley (I transferred from UCSD to UCB after 2 years). 

1 year research experience at Zymo Research Corp in Irvine California 

No Publications 

Applied: UCLA, Cal, Yale, Brown, MIT, Stanford, UCD, Cornell, Duke, UCSB

Rejected: Cornell 

Interview Invites: None 

If you don't mind me asking, as a fellow plant person what made you apply to ucla, cal , yale, brown, hit, Stanford and ucsb?

Hi, anyone else got interviews for Biomedical Engineering and Physiology track at Mayo Clinic? I got an email saying there'll be a 30 mins' zoom interview in the evening on 02/03, but I know for other tracks the interviews are on 02/10-02/12, which lasts for 3 days, and includes one-on-one meeting with 6 faculties, half an hour each. So I find it kind of weird, and I wonder is there anyone who met the same situation with me? Or does it just mean that they don't actually want me and the chance is small?

On 1/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, thepuncess said:

I got an interview from Berkeley MCB in mid-December. They have already started organizing the interview weekend so unfortunately they may be done sending out invites. I applied to UCI CMB and haven't heard back anything either though!

Thank you for letting me know. Good luck to your interview!

On 1/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, ProspectiveGrad21 said:

I was rejected from UW Immunology on January 12. It was a generic rejection email.

I got a rejection letter yesterday. It said they only sent out 36 interview invitations out of 232 applicants.

Pending: UC Berkeley (MCB), Emory (Neuroscience), UC Irvine (CMB), UPitt (PMI), U of Miami (PiBS), Harvard (Immunology)

Rejected: WUSTL (DBBS), Mayo (Neuroscience), Rockefeller (Bioscience), UW (Immunology)

Did anyone interviewing at TJU get to either a) Choose their interview dates or even b) choose who they are interviewing with? I wasn't, and I'm not even interviewing with people in my field of interest, which is frustrating...

has anyone heard back from:  PiBS MIami, Drexel pharmacology, University of Maine BMS, albert einstein BMS, Weil Cornell BMS, Medical College of Wisconsin BMS, University of Arizona BIochemistry, city of hope biological science, stony brook pharmacology

Interview: suny buffalo, penn state, university of wisconsin, new york medical college

Rejections: none as of yet

36 minutes ago, g to the b said:

has anyone heard back from:  PiBS MIami, Drexel pharmacology, University of Maine BMS, albert einstein BMS, Weil Cornell BMS, Medical College of Wisconsin BMS, University of Arizona BIochemistry, city of hope biological science, stony brook pharmacology

Interview: suny buffalo, penn state, university of wisconsin, new york medical college

Hey which Weill Cornell program is that? do you mean BCMB? Also, what program did you apply for at U Wisconsin?

1 hour ago, g to the b said:

I received an interview invite from the city of hope during the 1st week of Jan but they haven't confirmed the date yet.

Edited by T suppressors

12 hours ago, g to the b said:

I received an invite for einstein in early jan, and I believe BCMB for Weill Cornell (if thats what you mean) sent out early late Dec

13 hours ago, g to the b said:

I got an interview invite for Einstein on Dec. 30 and had my interview yesterday. I know they had a bunch of interview weekends to choose from so they might not be done sending out invites! I also emailed Weill Cornell BCMB and was told they are still sending out invites on a rolling basis and they will be done sending invites on Feb 1. 

I hate to be that person, but has anyone heard from the biological sciences department at the University of Pittsburgh? I saw an interview on the results page from December 23rd, but the program told us not to expect interviews until after the holidays so I'm a bit suspicious. MCDB is one of my top programs and I'm still anxiously waiting to hear anything, so any insight would be appreciated. 

On 1/22/2021 at 6:02 PM, wings101 said:

UCSD biological sciences replied and said all invites have been sent out ? 

Was this from the grad admissions email or someone from BMS? I received an email this morning from grad admissions saying applications are still under review so before I email someone from BMS just curious!

1 hour ago, ebolafighter said:

Was this from the grad admissions email or someone from BMS? I received an email this morning from grad admissions saying applications are still under review so before I email someone from BMS just curious!

this was from admissions for biological sciences which is different from BMS i think! 

On 1/25/2021 at 12:20 PM, TiredandBroke said:

Hey, has anyone who's already interviewed with UMass Med School heard back from them? If yes, how long after the interview was it? Thanks!

Hi! I interviewed there recently and I think I remember them saying that some people might start to hear acceptances either next week or the week after that. It also looks like in previous years they send out some acceptances around the first week in February.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:17 PM, justwanttogosomewhere said:

Anyone heard back from Columbia PhD in Biological Sciences? On the website they have mentioned that first virtual interview would be on Jan 25th. I was wondering if they have sent out the invites already. The application deadline to the program was Dec 30th. 

Hey, yes I got an interview invites in December (for system biology). 

Rejected from Yale MCGD yesterday. Kind of figured it was coming, but still a tad surprised because going into the applications I thought it was the program that fit me the best ? I guess sometimes that's how it goes, no complaints though. Congrats to all who got interviews!!

6 minutes ago, devcby said:

Rejected from Yale MCGD yesterday. Kind of figured it was coming, but still a tad surprised because going into the applications I thought it was the program that fit me the best ? I guess sometimes that's how it goes, no complaints though. Congrats to all who got interviews!!

With 7 interviews from top programs, you are in a great spot. BTW, I just saw several Harvard BBS acceptance posts in Results today.