2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

1 hour ago, NeuroLim3 said:

Does anyone have any insight on what next year's application cycle will look like? Less competitive? More competitive? Do you think the GRE is gone for good at most schools? 

I know Ryerson said on visiting day that they are for sure not requiring the GRE anymore I imagine some other schools will do the same

37 minutes ago, psychowannabee said:

Does anyone have a list of Canadian clinical psyc programs that don't require the GRE in their overall applications process (aside from programs waiving it due to COVID)? I've been looking at some programs and i've only came across Ryerson as one of them, I wasn't sure if I'm missing other schools.

OISE CCP program website also confirmed that they won't be requiring GRE next year

11 hours ago, psychowannabee said:

Does anyone have a list of Canadian clinical psyc programs that don't require the GRE in their overall applications process (aside from programs waiving it due to COVID)? I've been looking at some programs and i've only came across Ryerson as one of them, I wasn't sure if I'm missing other schools.

This is a running doc :) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f6ZyVGn-opa_ijRyntHxfJJkaSNya4h-bwEDeDGInv4/edit#gid=1109387584

Edit: I'm aware of at least 2 Canadian schools aiming to remove it forever. They still need to go through the proper channels.

Edited by Mickey26

Hi. I'm extremely confused by how Windsor has been doing their admissions procedures because some interviewed many days back while others are still getting interview invites. 

To the people who have received interview invites, what does your app status say? 

To the ones who have heard nothing, what does your app status say? I've heard nothing and mine currently says "in process."

Does anybody's app status says denied/rejected? 

Would be very helpful if you can answer. Thank you. 

17 minutes ago, hello_psych said:

Hi. I'm extremely confused by how Windsor has been doing their admissions procedures because some interviewed many days back while others are still getting interview invites. 

To the people who have received interview invites, what does your app status say? 

To the ones who have heard nothing, what does your app status say? I've heard nothing and mine currently says "in process."

I’m confused too:( mine says in process too and I haven’t heard anything since my initial interview (last week of January)

15 minutes ago, Psychologystudent2021 said:

If anyone has heard from Ryerson and wouldn’t mind DMing me could you please? ❤️ Thanks in advance

Me too please :) Also I just saw someone posted on the results page - would you be willing to share POI? Thank you in advance

Edited by Hope466

1 hour ago, -bambi- said:

Does anyone know if York is always this late to send out info/interviews? Or is it just a function of the pandemic? 

The POI I interviewed with said they are extremely late this year! Not sure what that means about previous years/how much later they are, but definitely still late :) Hope this helps!

42 minutes ago, KKrup said:

Does anyone know how many people have been accepted to Ryerson so far? 

I would also be interested in knowing this. It sounds like offers have gone out yesterday and today. It's unclear if more will be going out tomorrow, or if they are done reaching out to their top selected candidates. 

Edited by UroboroS

5 hours ago, hello_psych said:

hey! my status still says "in process". im also very confused about whats next :(

also unrelated to the post but if anybody's been accepted or offered an interview from ryerson pls send me a message. if we havent heard anything back from POI or on the portal, do we assume it is a rejection? just curious :o

Edited by prospectivegradstudent21

For those wondering about Ryerson, I was just notified via email that I’ve been waitlisted. I asked the grad program director directly about my status. He also said that all first round offers have gone out this weekend! 
Btw, if I’m waitlisted does that mean my prof didn’t have first priority to pick a student or that they picked someone else? 

55 minutes ago, xtrahotlatte said:

For those wondering about Ryerson, I was just notified via email that I’ve been waitlisted. I asked the grad program director directly about my status. He also said that all first round offers have gone out this weekend! 
Btw, if I’m waitlisted does that mean my prof didn’t have first priority to pick a student or that they picked someone else? 

is this just for clinical? or psych science too?