2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

6 minutes ago, CateFace said:

This is what it looked like on my portal for my SACP admittance - click the accept/decline and it has a several step confirmation process. 

COOOONGGGRRAAATTTSSS!!!! 

Edited to add also of course you can wait to accept it and don't have to confirm immediately if you are waiting out other spots first lol - It'll stay there until you do 

Ahhh so exciting!! And thank you for the confirmation and advice! Hopefully I'll get some sort of notification from the department tomorrow so that it can feel final. If any others are in the same boat as me for the UCalgary portal feel free to reach out

1 hour ago, PrettyFlyForACogSci said:

Umm so I can't actually tell but I might have just been admitted to UCalgary? I logged in and my portal has been updated with this below...however no one emailed me and it doesn't actually say "Admitted" in any documents/attachments that I can see. I went to the open house last week but haven't heard anything since. Does anyone have any advice on if this is real?? I'm afraid to click "Accept/Decline" like it will disappear in a *poof* if I do anything...help!

730971104_ScreenShot2021-02-10at9_56_41PM.png.fbcf8cbffa0afa43be97be6913efcf0e.png

It says that for both of my applications too! I received an informal invite from my POI today for Clinical and formal for SACP last week!!! :) But I also have no received a formal invite for Calgary yet in my email. My poi mentioned we would hear in about a day or two! I think its the real deal for you!!! :) Congrats!!!

17 minutes ago, clinical_psyc_hopeful said:

It says that for both of my applications too! I received an informal invite from my POI today for Clinical and formal for SACP last week!!! :) But I also have no received a formal invite for Calgary yet in my email. My poi mentioned we would hear in about a day or two! I think its the real deal for you!!! :) Congrats!!!

Congrats!!! Omg went to check after seeing these posts and I got this for my application to the UCalgary clinical psych program too!!!!! Hopefully an email goes out soon... I don't feel like I can celebrate yet?

12 hours ago, CateFace said:

Edited to add also of course you can wait to accept it and don't have to confirm immediately if you are waiting out other spots first lol - It'll stay there until you do 

Is this the same for all programs? I've been curious about what happens after you receive an offer of admission. How long do you have to respond?

Also, congrats to everyone who's received an offer!!

10 hours ago, clinical_psyc_hopeful said:

Thank you!!

10 hours ago, dropitmaslow said:

Congrats!!! Omg went to check after seeing these posts and I got this for my application to the UCalgary clinical psych program too!!!!! Hopefully an email goes out soon... I don't feel like I can celebrate yet?

I feel the same way. Strange to find out this way but I'm not complaining! Hopefully we get some sort of official confirmation before the weekend and then we can actually celebrate :) 

Just now, Roz23 said:

Is this the same for all programs? I've been curious about what happens after you receive an offer of admission. How long do you have to respond?

They usually have a deadline that they'd like to hear a response from you so that if you choose to decline they can offer the spot to those on the wait list - but I think they know that you will be waiting to hear all offers before choosing any specific one (unless it is your top choice clearly!) My offer gave me a month to accept, although it was the one I was hoping for, so I just accepted right away. 

8 minutes ago, Roz23 said:

It's my understanding that according to the CPA, accredited clinical programs must allow applicants sufficient time to accept offers, or up until April 15th. See link below for accreditation standards from the CPA for clinical programs. This is done to protect applicants! This section is from page 18:

140360283_ScreenShot2021-02-11at10_58_08AM.thumb.png.0c1f2a76917b0a7c4d26ca51cbdf9cf8.png

https://cpa.ca/docs/File/Accreditation/Accreditation_2011.pdf

Just now, PrettyFlyForACogSci said:

It's my understanding that according to the CPA, accredited clinical programs must allow applicants sufficient time to accept offers, or up until April 15th. See link below for accreditation standards from the CPA for clinical programs. This is done to protect applicants! This section is from page 18:

140360283_ScreenShot2021-02-11at10_58_08AM.thumb.png.0c1f2a76917b0a7c4d26ca51cbdf9cf8.png

I thought that was just a US thing! Makes sense because then you have enough time to wait for all offers and funding offers to come through to make a decision and don't have the pressure to accept the first one. 

Good luck with your decisions!! 

39 minutes ago, PrettyFlyForACogSci said:

Thank you!!

I feel the same way. Strange to find out this way but I'm not complaining! Hopefully we get some sort of official confirmation before the weekend and then we can actually celebrate :) 

Just received official offer email from the UCalgary program admin!

33 minutes ago, CateFace said:

I thought that was just a US thing! Makes sense because then you have enough time to wait for all offers and funding offers to come through to make a decision and don't have the pressure to accept the first one. 

Good luck with your decisions!! 

Also my understanding is the SACP program is not CPA accredited thus may not adhere to these policies. 

1 minute ago, playdough said:

Just received official offer email from the UCalgary program admin!

SAME!! Congrats to you!!! @dropitmaslow @clinical_psych_hopeful should be coming soon if it hasn't already!

2 hours ago, PrettyFlyForACogSci said:

Technically, CPA only accredits doctoral programs, so whether or not a graduate program adheres to a firm deadline may depend on whether admittance is done for both the Phd and the masters at the same time or not.

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone else is feeling defeated/ perpetually anxious right about now. I applied to six schools; radio silence from five programs, and an interview with one program. The one place that I interviewed with is my absolute dream school but I can't help but feel that I have zero chance of getting in. I am dying to hear back from them. Even if it is a rejection, I need to know. Post-interview I have talked with one person who was rejected and one who was accepted. Apparently the POIs don't all send their acceptances (and WL + rejections) at the same time so I could be waiting until the end of Feb. I can't sleep, I can't think. 

10 minutes ago, shelovesyouleon said:

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone else is feeling defeated/ perpetually anxious right about now. I applied to six schools; radio silence from five programs, and an interview with one program. The one place that I interviewed with is my absolute dream school but I can't help but feel that I have zero chance of getting in. I am dying to hear back from them. Even if it is a rejection, I need to know. Post-interview I have talked with one person who was rejected and one who was accepted. Apparently the POIs don't all send their acceptances (and WL + rejections) at the same time so I could be waiting until the end of Feb. I can't sleep, I can't think. 

Yup, I'm the same as you. But for me, I only applied to 2 schools and I'm assuming rejection from one, so I'm REALLY desperate for my other school. I understand that there's a lot of administrative processes involved in giving offers but I really wish programs could make a point of trying to minimize the time between interviews taking place and offers being made. Interviewing and then not hearing about offers (or rejection/waitlist) for a month or longer is a bit torturous!

11 hours ago, PrettyFlyForACogSci said:

SAME!! Congrats to you!!! @dropitmaslow @clinical_psych_hopeful should be coming soon if it hasn't already!

CONGRATS!! Received email this morning tooo!! Will be accepting. I'd love to connect with you both if you decide to accept! :)