2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

20 minutes ago, psychapp2021 said:

Anyone know what the timeline will look like??

I think it's worth noting that last year, Ryerson's Visit Day was Feb. 10th which was the second Monday in Feb (same as ours). Acceptances went out by phone that same week on the Friday. People who were waitlisted were notified the following week. Let's hope some of us get acceptances this Friday!! Edit: if you search "clinical psychology ryerson" on the results page, you can see for yourself :) 

Edited by xtrahotlatte

School: University of Calgary

TypeClinical Psychology Masters/PhD

Acceptance/Waitlist/Rejection: Acceptance

Type of Notification: Email from POI (informal acceptance)

Date Notified: 2/10/21

DM for POI: Yes

** will be accepting**

TypeSchool and Applied Child Psychology (SACP)

Type of Notification: Email from grad program admin

Date Notified: 2/5/21

16 hours ago, PsychOtter said:

Question regarding Windsor (Child Track) admissions -  I had my interview a couple of weeks ago (with a faculty member that was NOT my proposed supervisor, although I was told this is normal) and was informed that the faculty would be meeting on February 1st to generate a shortlist of applicants who will be recommended for admission. Then, last night, I received an e-mail from another professor (not my proposed supervisor or the person I interviewed with) saying that they were impressed by my application and interested in my research experience and want to meet this week to discuss my research. I am confused about the nature of this meeting - is it a second interview? Do they potentially want to supervise me? Why have I still not spoken to my proposed supervisor? Have others interviewed with their proposed supervisor or received a second interview? I'm confused why this professor is emailing me now, after I thought the shortlist was already created. Any insight would be really helpful!! Thank you!

I'm in a similar position. A professor who I did not list as a POI reached out to me for an interview. I was essentially asked if I would be interested in working on their topic of research as it isn't exactly what I am interested in (hence why I didn't list them as a POI in the first place). The interview went well, and I have an interview with one of their grad students tomorrow. However, I am confused as to whether this means I will be accepted if I say yes to this professor or just that I am on the shortlist.

29 minutes ago, clinical_psyc_hopeful said:

** will be accepting**

Wow that's so exciting!! Congratulations to everyone receiving interviews and acceptances!! And to those of you who haven't heard back from most or all schools, hope you're all hanging in there - I'm sure you're all incredibly strong applicants and great people (even just based on your desire to go into this field) who are so deserving and capable of achieving your goals. I hope you're all very proud of everything you've accomplished ❤️ 

37 minutes ago, clinical_psyc_hopeful said:

** will be accepting**

Congrats great news!!

46 minutes ago, clinical_psyc_hopeful said:

** will be accepting**

So amazing congratulations!! It's so exciting starting to see acceptances roll in. Hang in there everyone ?

2 hours ago, xtrahotlatte said:

I think it's worth noting that last year, Ryerson's Visit Day was Feb. 10th which was the second Monday in Feb (same as ours). Acceptances went out by phone that same week on the Friday. People who were waitlisted were notified the following week. Let's hope some of us get acceptances this Friday!! Edit: if you search "clinical psychology ryerson" on the results page, you can see for yourself :) 

I wonder if it will take longer this year. They only interviewed and shortlisted 34 applicants last year but there were almost 60 applicants that I saw on visiting day who were applying for clinical psychology this year. That's double the amount of students shortlisted for the same amount of  spots!!

7 minutes ago, cpsych2021 said:

I wonder if it will take longer this year. They only interviewed and shortlisted 34 applicants last year but there were almost 60 applicants that I saw on visiting day who were applying for clinical psychology this year. That's double the amount of students shortlisted for the same amount of  spots!!

That’s a good point! Maybe they were able to get a head start (I hope) since all interviews were conducted prior to visiting day this year as opposed to last year. Side note: I always thought the limited amount of spots for clinical psych was due to the fact that profs have to supervise you 1:1 but there are 17 profs accepting clinical students this year at Ryerson for only 8 spots :( just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse LOL 

7 minutes ago, xtrahotlatte said:

That’s a good point! Maybe they were able to get a head start (I hope) since all interviews were conducted prior to visiting day this year as opposed to last year. Side note: I always thought the limited amount of spots for clinical psych was due to the fact that profs have to supervise you 1:1 but there are 17 profs accepting clinical students this year at Ryerson for only 8 spots :( just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse LOL 

Yeah, I was thinking the same. It was a little disappointing for sure

3 hours ago, Roz23 said:

I'm in a similar position. A professor who I did not list as a POI reached out to me for an interview. I was essentially asked if I would be interested in working on their topic of research as it isn't exactly what I am interested in (hence why I didn't list them as a POI in the first place). The interview went well, and I have an interview with one of their grad students tomorrow. However, I am confused as to whether this means I will be accepted if I say yes to this professor or just that I am on the shortlist.

this is very different from my experience. i interviewed with my POI and was told told about them shortlisting applicants after meeting on feb 1. i was then told that id have to wait for an email from someone to see whether i got accepted or not, other than that, i havent heard from my POI at all and have not talked to other profs/grad students. do u guys think i should should email some of her current grad students? just a bit confused after hearing this as ti wasnt my experience at all :o

8 minutes ago, prospectivegradstudent21 said:

this is very different from my experience. i interviewed with my POI and was told told about them shortlisting applicants after meeting on feb 1. i was then told that id have to wait for an email from someone to see whether i got accepted or not, other than that, i havent heard from my POI at all and have not talked to other profs/grad students. do u guys think i should should email some of her current grad students? just a bit confused after hearing this as ti wasnt my experience at all :o

Sorry! I realized my comment was confusing but it was too late to edit ?. I didn't apply to Windsor, but am in a similar position at a different program. Hopefully you hear back soon!

Was wondering if anyone has heard about the Windsor adult track? My interviewer (secondary POI) emailed me beginning of last week saying they were finalizing their offers so I guess I was expecting to hear something this week but no update as of yet ? 

Edited by NikkiB07

23 minutes ago, Psychologystudent2021 said:

To anyone who has not heard from UNB: Check your application portal. Mine said not admissible to the program. If you click view actions, then decision history, than download, it takes you to a rejection letter. Good luck everyone!

Where did you find where it said “non admissible”? I have already assumed that since I haven’t heard anything from UNB I was unsuccessful but beside my application on the portal all it says is “completed” and I cannot find anywhere that mentions decision history. 

4 hours ago, cpsych2021 said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same. It was a little disappointing for sure

Yeah, it's definitely very uneasy when there are sooo many POIs hoping to get a student for so little spaces. However, from my knowledge, Ryerson does tend to consistently have a larger number of POIs wanting to take on a student than there are spaces available. Not sure that it helps much but it isn't 'abnormal' 

27 minutes ago, Cempsych said:

Where did you find where it said “non admissible”? I have already assumed that since I haven’t heard anything from UNB I was unsuccessful but beside my application on the portal all it says is “completed” and I cannot find anywhere that mentions decision history. 

That’s what mine said up until today! Maybe you’re still being considered or maybe they are slow in sending out rejections (although I’m hoping it’s the first option!)

1 hour ago, caffiend said:

Did OISE really need to send out a SURVEY right now in the middle of an application cycle... ? ?my heart literally drops everytime 

Honestly! My heart also dropped when I read “OISE”. Thought I’d finally gotten a decision about my application. But no just a survey ?

1 hour ago, Cempsych said:

UNB made their offers Jan 25th and did their interviews before then :(

Umm so I can't actually tell but I might have just been admitted to UCalgary? I logged in and my portal has been updated with this below...however no one emailed me and it doesn't actually say "Admitted" in any documents/attachments that I can see. I went to the open house last week but haven't heard anything since. Does anyone have any advice on if this is real?? I'm afraid to click "Accept/Decline" like it will disappear in a *poof* if I do anything...help!

730971104_ScreenShot2021-02-10at9_56_41PM.png.fbcf8cbffa0afa43be97be6913efcf0e.png

Edited by PrettyFlyForACogSci

15 minutes ago, PrettyFlyForACogSci said:

Umm so I can't actually tell but I might have just been admitted to UCalgary? I logged in and my portal has been updated with this below...however no one emailed me and it doesn't actually say "Admitted" in any documents/attachments that I can see. I went to the open house last week but haven't heard anything since. Does anyone have any advice on if this is real?? I'm afraid to click "Accept/Decline" like it will disappear in a *poof* if I do anything...help!

730971104_ScreenShot2021-02-10at9_56_41PM.png.fbcf8cbffa0afa43be97be6913efcf0e.png

This is what it looked like on my portal for my SACP admittance - click the accept/decline and it has a several step confirmation process. 

COOOONGGGRRAAATTTSSS!!!! 

Edited to add also of course you can wait to accept it and don't have to confirm immediately if you are waiting out other spots first lol - It'll stay there until you do 

Edited by CateFace