2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

Hey everyone!

I have seen someone being accepted for UBC. Does anybody here know if clinical psychology candidates were interviewed on the same day as other psych applicants (feb. 4-5)? I'm applying to the developmental psychology program, but I want to see if there's a chance they'll start sending decisions to everyone soon!

47 minutes ago, ciix said:

Hey everyone!

I have seen someone being accepted for UBC. Does anybody here know if clinical psychology candidates were interviewed on the same day as other psych applicants (feb. 4-5)? I'm applying to the developmental psychology program, but I want to see if there's a chance they'll start sending decisions to everyone soon!

They did have a full psychology graduate department recruitment on the same day, I heard back from my POI last week for clinical so I imagine this week at least for other areas aside from clinical. 

2 minutes ago, coffeeinmyveins said:

They did have a full psychology graduate department recruitment on the same day, I heard back from my POI last week for clinical so I imagine this week at least for other areas aside from clinical. 

Thank you so much! I'm feeling really anxious, because UBC is my top choice, so I really hope to hear back this month.

Were you accepted to the clinical program? 

2 hours ago, coffeeinmyveins said:

Does this also include Health Psychology? Thanks! 

On 2/13/2021 at 7:45 PM, iliketurtlestoo said:

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 3.49.10 PM.png

I only applied to one school because I'm looking for something pretty specific but I just got back a rejection that said, "We had a particularly strong group of applicants this year and your application, considered as a whole, was not as strong as some of the others we received."

I have 2 dozen posters, a half dozen talks, four co-authored publications, 20 years clinical experience and this was not strong enough. 

DO NOT GIVE UP IF THIS IS NOT YOUR YEAR!!! 

Has York finished conducting interviews? Noticed the above poster said a mass rejection letter went out and that their application status changed in the portal. My application status still says “No decision made - currently under consideration” but I haven’t heard back from any professors for an interview and I haven’t received a rejection email. 

4 minutes ago, Psychologystudent2021 said:

Has York finished conducting interviews? Noticed the above poster said a mass rejection letter went out and that their application status changed in the portal. My application status still says “No decision made - currently under consideration” but I haven’t heard back from any professors for an interview and I haven’t received a rejection email. 

I know the virtual open house for the clinical and clinical-developmental program is February 26th. That might give you a sense of when to expect an interview by! :) People are being contacted directly by POIs so I suspect invites will still be going out anytime before that date.

53 minutes ago, Psychologystudent2021 said:

I emailed admissions to ask if interviews are still being sent out and, if so, whether there is a deadline for sending out invites.

I was told that they are still sending out invitations this week and that interview day will take place on Feb. 26th. Hope this helps! :) 

17 minutes ago, PsychGirl2 said:

I emailed admissions to ask if interviews are still being sent out and, if so, whether there is a deadline for sending out invites.

I was told that they are still sending out invitations this week and that interview day will take place on Feb. 26th. Hope this helps! :) 

Hi, are you aware if this for clinical or clinical-developmental or both? 

Thank you for asking! :) 

14 hours ago, UroboroS said:

Hi, are you aware if this for clinical or clinical-developmental or both? 

Thank you for asking! :) 

Hi! I specified the CD program in my email but it's very possible that the response was targeted towards both programs. 

Hi, 

Does anyone know the likelihood of being admitted if waitlisted? 

Is everyone who received a formal interview waitlisted if they do not receive acceptance? Or is the waitlist further narrowed down? 

Do you only get offered admittance from the waitlist if the potential supervisor listed on your application has a spot become available? 

I've noticed when looking at stats for these programs that sometimes they offer 8-12 people spots but then have finalized cohorts of ~6 people. So I was unsure how their waitlists worked.

Thanks!