2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

Soo, only one person got a rejection from NYU so far? Oh man what is taking so long, I just want to get my rejection and forget about it.

Note: I also sent an email to NYU DGS on Monday asking about results, still no response.

Edited by HolyGinger

7 minutes ago, BBQchickum said:

Anyone here get accepted into the University of Delaware Biological Sciences program? I was waitlisted for their master's :(

This is the political science forum! you'll have better luck in whatever corresponding forum to your application

7 hours ago, Polysciapplicant21 said:

I feel like most of y’all are done with this process and I’m just here on a single waitlist praying that JH SAIS releases results soon and decides to let me in...haha

10 more days to go ))

8 hours ago, Professoreire said:

Congrats on the uconn acceptance. Did you get any word on funding? And if so what's your subfield? (Also got admitted)

Thanks. My subfield is IR. About funding: I contacted the department, and apparently there is some kind of funding waitlist.

1 hour ago, comradecommissar said:

Has anyone heard anything from NYU about their waitlists?

I received an email this morning, saying that they "would have the opportunity" to offer me admission, but would have to wait to see for certain. Not sure exactly what that meant, but I informed them that I would be accepting an offer from another program. 

17 hours ago, foucaultscat said:

Hey! I know this is slightly off topic, but my first admitted student open house is tomorrow and I have no idea what to expect. Anyone who has done one these, any insight is very appreciated!!

Just saw this and assuming it's too late to be helpful to you, but I'll answer in case anyone else has a similar question. The ones I've been to generally start with a welcome session where the DGS walks you through the broad strokes of the program (e.g. required coursework, recent placements) as well as some introduction of the area you'd be living in. Then (in no particular order) there are some subfield-specific sessions with faculty and grad students, maybe a session on the methods sequence, a meeting with only grad students to get "unfiltered" insight on the program. Most give the opportunity to meet with relevant faculty. They're informative but also a bit boring, especially considering that they are being held via Zoom this year. In a normal year it would be a really good opportunity to familiarize yourself with the area. 

23 minutes ago, suovren said:

I received an email this morning, saying that they "would have the opportunity" to offer me admission, but would have to wait to see for certain. Not sure exactly what that meant, but I informed them that I would be accepting an offer from another program. 

I got a similar email. So confused about what this means haha.

16 minutes ago, idonknow said:

I've got rejections from all the other schools, and the UIUC waitlist is my last hope. However, since it's almost April, I think I should move on to plan B. I feel sorry for my recommenders, advisor, and my parents, who have supported me...sad

There's nearly a month until the decision deadline so don't lose faith. Chin up.

6 hours ago, idonknow said:

I've got rejections from all the other schools, and the UIUC waitlist is my last hope. However, since it's almost April, I think I should move on to plan B. I feel sorry for my recommenders, advisor, and my parents, who have supported me...sad

So, it may not work this year but (a) it may work out next year, (b) the people who supported you did so because they wanted to and hoped for the best for you. Good luck with everything, but don't feel too down (especially this year when there are fewer slots for more applicants). 

On 3/18/2021 at 9:34 PM, MEESASOBOREDSA said:

Has anyone received any news from York.... I have zero patience. It is almost April!

Pretty sure @becalmbekindbesafe heard from them a couple weeks ago? It might be worth emailing the dept at this point

Edited by polisci_gal

5 hours ago, Angelo X said:

Hi, did anyone hear anything back from Vanderbilt? I haven't received anything yet, and maybe I should email the dept to find out whether my email was missing

Nothing from Vanderbilt, they said we would have the rejections by the 18th but it looks like they did not meet their deadline